Anyone else had this happen before?

Guest Butters

Guest Butters

Last night when i was out fishing.. my mate had just baited his hooks and went to cast but the swivel had come undoen and he dropped the baited trace in the drink...a few casts later i hooked a snook and brought it in the boat and i thought i was tangled (again) but had a closer look and realised it was the trace my mate had dropped over board earlier.. Any one else got a story similar?Spun me out for sure..

The other halfs Dads ancient and extremely negelcted Daiwa millionare decided it had had enough when he went to hook a good snapper off Yorkes a while ago. He could just wind line on, but couldnt get any pressure on the fish.Immediately after his mate had a bite, set the hooks , and landed the fish, complete with the first line still in its mouth, so a bit like Broksey and Lukes story !

Caught a real long skinny Salmon at Browns once ,and it hardy fought.When gutting it later found it had a set of snooded 5/0s in its gullet with about 20cms of line attatched.Obviously it took some poor buggers rig with it.Must of been struggling as it was real skinny,in better nick may of went over 10lb.Another time caught a Mulloway about 80cms in the Port,and it had someones size 2 Bream hook on the side of its face with a length of braid attatched.Some unsuspecting light tackle fisho must of got a shock :oCheers 8)

Was fishing over west coast and hooked a decent snapper of the beach which had line attached so i started to pull it in and a rod and reel worth shit loads was attached but on the end of that was some dudes skeleton still holding the rod but in his back pocket was a key which opened a post box and in the post box was a photo of this dude holding a snapper but it had line attached and on the end of the line was a rod and reel worth shit loads with some dudes skelet....sorry fellas!!! ;D there was a story on the radio news recently about a fish caught in a lake somewhere which had a wedding ring in its guts and apparently the owner of the ring had dropped it in the river a few years ago!!! did anyone else hear it? not sure how true it is but i once caught a snapper off the ...blah blah blah :)

Reading carps story reminds me of another similar one that happend to my father. He too lost his rod over the side of the old skimmer. It wa sitting in the aft rod holder with a whiting rig, whilst the oldman was fishing for gar at the back of the boat. Some of you will know, there aint a heck of a lot of cockpit space in the old skimmer. Anyway somehow as dad strikes at another garfish bite, that rod catches the one in the holder and it disappears into the depths. A few casts around the place with a weighted wire squid jag proved fruitless and the rod was deemed to be MIA. At the end of the session and with the anchor almost up, what should appear in the clutches of its prongs, but the same rod that had gone over shortly before.As Ripley would say " Believe it or Not?"

Guest matty_G

Me and a mate were fishin for bream in the port and there was alot of rugger snapper about,I got a bite struck n wound in to find id managed to get a double header of snapper which was strange as i only had one hook on my rig,was using a snap swivel which had somehow opened,must of happened when first hooked fish.On retrieve i perfecly lip hooked the second with the open snap.Play of the day :icon_e_biggrin:

the first time i fished the santos jetty ( restricted access to workers and 2 friends) i landed a 45cm snapper, and didnt even hook it.it had a pair of gang hooks, one in each side of its mouth, and i hooked where they were joined together, 2nd fish was also similar, got him in the arse.also on local jetty last week my squid float took off at speed and was heading back towards me, pulled in a nice squid that had jigged himself in the wing...

An old friend, Mo Mills, was fishing from her friends boat, South of Ardrossan, and had just baited up and cast with her best rod, she leant the rod against the side of the boat while baiting up her second rod, a heavy bite and first rod goes straight over the side. They fished that drop for a while only to catch one small snapper and so they pulled the pick and headed out to the next drop and so on. After about four hours fishing they decided to call it a day and headed for home. On approaching the first drop on the way back, they decided to have a couple more tries, within seconds of making her first cast, Mo gets a bite and reels in their biggest fish for the day,hanging from its mouth was another line so Mo pulls in the line and gets her first, best, favourite rod and reel back. TRUE STORYRogerG

Nah nothing like that !!!The closet thing to it though was when I was squidding off the local jetty. My 2 piece 7' spin rod felt kinda funny in the blank like the reel seat was coming loose, so I checked it and nothing wrong. The next cast the rod separated it's 2 pieces and the tip went in the drink. I wound the jag in ultrafast in case I had a snag. Then my rod tip came back in from the depths. :icon_lol: PHEW ! :icon_e_smile:

we also have caught the same thing more than once...few years ago we managed to pull the same eagle ray 7 times over 2 mths on a snapperdrop... we know it was the same ray as it had no barb, and a scar on its back from something.heavy bastard it was as well....about 5ft across the sings.and ive also caught a seagulllON THE CAST FROM THE ROCKS....cast in and this stupid seagull just dive bombed my line, or so i thought.the casting line actually went straight over the top of him and wrapped around its wing...would it in , got pecked a few times but managed to release it

A mate and myself, sneaked into a ressy not far from Williamstown, fishing for Reddys.Your not allowed in there so we used to fish sneakily inbetween a couple of bushy trees.I thought I heard girls voices,so I snuck around for a look see,And I kid you not about 70 metres from where we were[close enough to get an eyeful]there were 3 nubile lasses 2 topless,one still with her bra on,taking a skinny dip.Not trying to get caught and thought to be a sneaky perv,I thought I better let them know we were there,so I said gooday,they were a bit embarrassed ,but I"m pretty sure they were those naturalist type people, so it didnt seem to bother them too much.Sure as hell made our day though! :o :o ;D

I know a girl who got pregnant and said she had never even kissed a guy. Her dad went and stood at the window and just stared out of it for a long time. When asked what he was doing he said "the last time this happened a star appeared in the east followed by three wise men bearing gifts and ill be buggered if Im going to miss it this time" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

heard a story about an Irish fisherman who hooked onto what he thought was a large shark it towed him and his boat a very long way before it surfaced and a very annoyed Russian captain told him "If you keep following our submarine comrad ve vill sink your boat" :icon_lol:and thats as true as all these stories not

I did lose a rod in a local lake once, there one second, a patch of bubbles in the water the next. Was a crappy rod but it was my brothers so had to try something. Snapped on a sinker and 4/0 hook and started casting, 10 mins later had the line, 2 mins later had the rod in my hand and in another 5 had the 12 lb carp that decided the rod needed a wash!

One time at band camp I got so...........oh, maybe that's a story best kept to myself! :icon_e_geek:

No worries,several posters here have told me your story already.No need to be embarrassed,it happens to one person in 100 million anyway :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

we also have caught the same thing more than once...few years ago we managed to pull the same eagle ray 7 times over 2 mths on a snapperdrop... we know it was the same ray as it had no barb, and a scar on its back from something.heavy bastard it was as well....about 5ft across the sings.and ive also caught a seagulllON THE CAST FROM THE ROCKS....cast in and this stupid seagull just dive bombed my line, or so i thought.the casting line actually went straight over the top of him and wrapped around its wing...would it in , got pecked a few times but managed to release it