Jump to content
Mickyj

ABU GARCIA REVO ALX SPINNING REEL

Recommended Posts

I had the MGX which i sold new and never got a chance to use it,realistically what your looking at is very much the same as a stradic 2000 for size and weight.

The reel you are looking at will serve you well for those smaller species but i would go for a stradic if i were buying again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SurfcaztR said:

I had the MGX which i sold new and never got a chance to use it,realistically what your looking at is very much the same as a stradic 2000 for size and weight.

The reel you are looking at will serve you well for those smaller species but i would go for a stradic if i were buying again. 

Thanks for the info 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 1:53 PM, Mickyj said:

Has anyone had any experience with these reels.

Cheers 

Mick 

Ok some will know I posted in a couple more places about this reel. 

Seeing it is my birthday I went into tackleworld and checked the Abu Garcia reel again compared it to shimano and diawa. I am no expert in everything what did I learn the Abu Garcia spool was too shallow . Comparing diawa and shimano the assistant didn't like the shimano handle over the diawa handle . I didn't like the look of the bail arm on the shimano purchased the diawa LT exceler 2500.Looks great spooled with 5 lb braid . Handle for a change will be on the left . Now those who don't know me this will be an extra upgrade after my brain injury this difference could be a help be harder once or twice or five minutes :) . I'll put up a crappy picture handle now on .

5D49ACFD-4AF2-458D-B4DA-F688072BE4A4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lofty64 said:

Go for it matey , and hope you catch lots of fish , or the Big BREAM you have been chasing...…...CHEERS  

Thanks lofty 

I was so excited waiting for them to spool the reel .I'm looking for those big bream hopefully they are back in the local . Seeing I wimped out today on my birthday got up it was raining so I thought Saturday will do :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are awesome reels micky, a mate has one and I can't fault it. Very good choice. 

 

For a given size, the lt series from daiwa is a bit smaller than the equivalent sizing in an 'equivalent' reel. That is to say, a 3000 daiwa lt may be the same size as a 2500 normal daiwa reel, or something to that effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

They are awesome reels micky, a mate has one and I can't fault it. Very good choice. 

 

For a given size, the lt series from daiwa is a bit smaller than the equivalent sizing in an 'equivalent' reel. That is to say, a 3000 daiwa lt may be the same size as a 2500 normal daiwa reel, or something to that effect.

Nice buy Micky. From what I read of the new LT reels the 2500 is only 2mm bigger than the older model 2000 and 3mm smaller than previous 2500. Enjoy and here's hoping that 40cm specimen is not far away 😉. Regards, HBt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HB tragic said:

Nice buy Micky. From what I read of the new LT reels the 2500 is only 2mm bigger than the older model 2000 and 3mm smaller than previous 2500. Enjoy and here's hoping that 40cm specimen is not far away 😉. Regards, HBt.

If it's not the best reel I've ever bought it should be . I can't change it from left to right handed but it's fantastic .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mickyj said:

If it's not the best reel I've ever bought it should be . I can't change it from left to right handed but it's fantastic .

It should change. The picture on the Daiwa website has it as right hand wind and check Google for instructions 😉. Regards, HBt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HB tragic said:

It should change. The picture on the Daiwa website has it as right hand wind and check Google for instructions 😉. Regards, HBt.

Can't get it to undo on the right side I can do it on every other reel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×