What’s a better scent to use

16 minutes ago, Softy said:

All the top bream comp guys in Australia use pro cure, so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cause I’ve tried it when I couldn’t get SFactor .  Mind you some of my largest came from not using any scent . And all those years ago mulloway on bream gear bream lures no scent at all on them memories . I think using 4 lb FC leader don’t think scent or no scent I could land mulloway now.

I like the procure range aswell - Ive got the mullet - blood worm -  shrimp 

One thing I did find amusing about their branding was that they would put a little sticker over the original name of the scent - To make it sound more Aussie - but that sticker easily peeled off to reveal the American species that the scent was actually made from

Yeah the reason I switched to procure was both from recommendations from bream comp winners. But also because they did specific scents for different prey items

When I used to make my own scents - they were all made from local things the fish ate every day. Mussels, crabs, worms, shrimp and bait fish. 

So I like the idea of smearing a worm scent on a worm lure etc

22 hours ago, HB tragic said:

Have tried the Pro Cure with limited success. Most successful scent for me had been Stimulate Ultrabite Glow Green slow release spray ... but it is not made anymore. Was a sad day for me when it became unavailable. 😭 Have one can left but too scared to use it as once its gone its gone. 😉 Regards, HBt.

Yeah my experiences with stimulate weren’t as  good. When that Mark Berg infomercial came talking about pheromones etc I had to get some

my test was on hoards of tiny bream in clear shallows. I was watching them from a bridge. They were happy to peck away at my unscented lure but when I put the stimulate on, they were actually backing off it when I dead sticked the lure. 

I gave it a couple of hours, targeting different schools then never used it again. By the end of that session I was thinking they should explore this recipe for possible uses as a shark repellent😉

That was the first generation of ultra bite though. The clear stuff in the little rectangular plastic squeeze bottle

22 minutes ago, SurfcaztR said:

The differences could be with scents as it works for one but not the other.

Does the location produce catches,what lure works in that area.What lure action is being used,does the colour or size work for you.Is it the right scent for the species.

So what's the right combination wtfk.🤪

Now I could throw in I have lures that catch salmon or STs in the Pat hand over fist but the same lure salmon in west lakes won’t touch . Not the same on bream lures though

12 minutes ago, SurfcaztR said:

The only way you are going to find out is to buy one of each and go from there.

Well I have caught a lot of fish on S factor not as many on pro cure. Haven’t tried gulp hence I was asking about gulp everyone else jumped on the pro cure bandwagon I never asked about . Seeing I just bought another S Factor it might be awhile before I try gulp 

Some band wagons exist because of the “hype train” and some band wagons exist because they are a phenomenal product. 

but neither of them matter if you can’t make them work. 

So personal trials are all that really matters in the end. Even if 100 blokes tell you procure is the best- if it doesn’t work for you and something else works better- they are wrong 

Im a firm believer in not believing everything I’m told

So much of what gurus say doesn’t work where I fish- and in some spots the exact opposite of what they say works best for me. So you just have to find the right guru who fishes like you do, before breaking their rules and trying g something different 😉

9 hours ago, yellow door 1 said:

Some band wagons exist because of the “hype train” and some band wagons exist because they are a phenomenal product. 

but neither of them matter if you can’t make them work. 

So personal trials are all that really matters in the end. Even if 100 blokes tell you procure is the best- if it doesn’t work for you and something else works better- they are wrong 

Im a firm believer in not believing everything I’m told

So much of what gurus say doesn’t work where I fish- and in some spots the exact opposite of what they say works best for me. So you just have to find the right guru who fishes like you do, before breaking their rules and trying g something different 😉

Give the man a cigar 👍.

We hear a lot of comments from people in the shop regarding the best scents be it gels or sprays & which one is best. We don't have one in the shop that someone doesn't buy because according to someone they all work.

People have their favourites and a lot of these people are buying it to fish the same areas for the same species but one will tell you a certain scent doesn't work and the next person will tell you that that scent is the only one that works. From what I hear from a lot of different people is that they all work just not for everyone.

The only way to truly find out which one works for you is to try them, when you get one that is working and is the best scent there is, stick to it, if it stops working, try another, but don't throw away the one that wasn't working cause you may just come back to it as the best there is.

Yorky

• 1 month later...