Biggest snapper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd never caught a snapper until this weekend. Went out with my uncle and caught 3. My first ever snapper went a whopping 100cm - could not believe it. Going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face f

finally broke the 30lb and mtr mark this year at the stanvac barges (a while ago) we ended up with 6 fish over a mtr that day...

May not be my biggest red but it was certainly my biggest on light tackle, not bad for a Wednesday night after works effort.went 9450mm and a bit over 9.2kgCaught onRod: daiwa sol 2-4kg Reel: quantum

Posted Images

SuperThanit was over a metre, 102cm when laid out flat.we weiged a couple others we kept later when we got back in.85-90cms ranging from 7.5-9 kg which makes me think this 1 was over 12 maybe 13kg. i will never know for sure, looking at the footage it was fat & it fought pretty well.I'll smile when i crack 35lb on a plastic :icon_eek:

33lb is a strange number to get. Near on impossable to guess the EXACT weight with out weighing it

not really.... at the snapper contest when fish are being weighed, you can sort of tell the weight, not uncommon to guess fish with oddball figures.... i even sort of make a contest of it with my brothers.... we always coming up with figures of 9.83, 14.15, 11.68 etc etc...and its VERY surprising just how often we are pretty close to the money...no doubt, with the first couple of fish we see weighed, we get completly wrong... but after 5 or 6 you sort of get ya eye in so to speak...the fish in question i would say would be an easy 33lb, but i reakon closer to 35lb...its a fat fish...

33lb is a strange number to get. Near on impossable to guess the EXACT weight with out weighing it

just a guess obviously tom. 15kilo den? same same ;) i find it fun guessing too rocknev. 8) on my own fish im way off, but on others usually not so. we should open a guess the weight of a fish post. ill start it. should be cool for people that like that stuff
  • 7 months later...
SuperThahn wrote:

Nice fish FSWSandywhiting dont you live in Whyalla the Snapper capital?

Sure do, worded my word wrong what I meant was to catch my first BIG red as iv talked about before, iv had light gear for a long time and now stocked up on more heavier tackle, plus now being able to get out onto the water now that we have a boat, not that you cant catch them land based here, nev has proved that, but like I said I had light gear.
SandyWhiting wrote:

Thought so...Cheers nev..if all is good tommoz gonna hit the rocks and have a flick, not sure what the tides are, Ill have a squiz later..

im heading out to my spot at 4:30 am...high tide ( almost 3mtrs) at i think 8:30 am... but its a bit later out there...looks like its going to be a bit rough as well, which is good.i will prob head in about 10ish, and if it looked promising, will go for another crack about 4pm.if no snapper in the morning i will head to lowly for a squid session.
  • 1 month later...