Mobil Clean up for Stanvac......

Guest big lizard

Guest big lizard

Does this mean Stanvac will be left open to fish, i doubt it Mobil will rip it down, we need to stand up now to keep the dream alive of finally being able to fish the jetty, i do believe that they should put a toll to be able to fish for the up keep of the jetty...My thoughts any way and they should ban CRABBING off it too just like Pt.Norlunga marine reserve... B):P Sorry crabbers :woohoo:

Due to contamination issues,I am pretty sure I heard somewhere noone is going to be allowed anywhere near the area for at least 10 years.I have fished it,and havent got enough room to tell of how good the fishing is off it.Would IMO have to be the most fish rich jetty in the state and that includes WC and KI.Big statement i know ,but in one session a mate and I caught 4 legal Snaps,Trevally ,Squid,Leatherjackets and it was wall to wall Salmon.The Salmon were that thick it was hard to get a bait past them,could of caught them every cast all day.Cheers B)

I'm with you on this one guys.. let it be. It won't take long before it is just another jetty and totally fished out. The main thing it has going for it is the depth but then again fish seem to know where is safe and where is not !Just think of all the good it does for the near by areas as is and how that would be affected if fished out.My 2 cents....

Leave it for the fish! Jetty's make for great artificial reefs its just because they get flogged that you don't catch much off them. We go up to port hughes befor the christmas rush and the jetty fishes great until boxing day. Then the crowds arrive with kids that got rods for christmas and its time to start taking the boat out!

Guest big lizard
Ranger wrote:

big lizard wrote:

i do believe that they should put a toll to be able to fish for the up keep of the jetty.

Ya don't think this would set a dangerous presidence which may see the idea of a toll catching on to ALL jetties?
Yes maybe but is that a bad thing, the ideas have already been tossed around, it would make for better facilities....Would fishing pressure stuff it??? Dunno Rapid Bay was always very good to me and look at what that jetty copped?????Most fish are seasonal so they come and go?? Not convinced that fishing pressure will kill it.... People tell you how good it is to fish Stanvac, yes i've fished there and it's unreal but that was years ago and things have changed alot since then....Open the jetty i say, let it be fished.........
  • 3 weeks later...

Was working down that way last week ,they are taking down 5kms of trees along Lonsdale road,as to make way for the new pipeline.Progress I guess,and am told its going to be replanted, and remulched with the shredded trees theyve cut out.Still a shame to see chainsaws demolishing perfectly healthy specimens.I"m no tree hugger but to see it happening isnt a nice site.Cheers B)

Totally agree, odd how if you want to cut a branch off of a large tree, the council is onto you like a ton of bricks with fines but the government can do as it pleases, just look at the trees they have cut down in the parklands for the tramline to nowhere project.Nothing like double standards.