Weavers Mid Week 130cm Murray Cod

i am starting to get a few of my older movies that are no longer on the net into my Vimeo Account and this one is a classic that needs to be re listed as i'm sure there are many that have not seen it and a few that would like to see it againthis fish was hooked 10 minutes into our early morning troll, the weather was a perfect winters day and we were keen as. After our first run we were about to turn when i got snagged, as we turned to go back and get my lure back Weaver pumped his lure back to the boat and was slammed by this beauty, i had the camera rolling and this is some of the best "Big Cod" footage i have seenmany of you might recognize the fish from Weavers "WildCoast Magazine" feature, the two page photo of him holding the fish while leaning over the boat was taken by me, while i was still filming holding the movie camera in one hand, the still camera in the other, you will see this happen at 6.05 minutes in the vidNot many people will ever catch a Cod in their lifetime, Weaver was lucky enough to not only catch a "Big Cod" but have a movie camera onboard to record live his memory for prosperityso sit back, hold on tight and enjoy 8 minutes of every freshwater fishers dream and ones guys reality cheers chuckPS press the word "Vimeo" to get the right size screen for the size of the vid, or press the "White Arrows" to get full screen, a little pixely but not too bad ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Awsome Arent theyWell done guys No fish like that should ever leave the waterToo many photos and stuff with guys holding them up, and withoutKnowing, Killing Them :( Great stuff Lads and once again well done love it.Cheers from the Chief ;)

• 4 weeks later...

WOW... what an awesome fish, but more importantly 2 things...1) a perfect example of taking care of such a fish, but still getting the shots needed to prove it happened.2) this film will officially be shown to all my youth that fish with me for anything big... a perfect example of how patience beside the boat is mandatory (not the old 'locking off' and losing it method).well done. :laugh: