I'll tell ya'll how to catch a snapper for ten bucksbuy a snapper rod n reel... tie on some snapper hooks... chuck half a pillie on and away you go! ..... now all you have to do is wait for a snapper to come along and then strike! :P :woohoo: :woohoo:Please send all monies c/o Fishie at Strike & Hookthanks fellas

Fishie wrote:

I'll tell ya'll how to catch a snapper for ten bucksbuy a snapper rod n reel... tie on some snapper hooks... chuck half a pillie on and away you go! ..... now all you have to do is wait for a snapper to come along and then strike! :P :woohoo: :woohoo:Please send all monies c/o Fishie at Strike & Hookthanks fellas

Wow really?????????And To think I was just about to enrol in a diploma course!!!!Thank you :D :D :D

Since so many will read this Im going to put this request here lol..Im in metro adelaide and have no access to a boat. Im about to go on several weeks holidays and intend on filling alot of this time fishing, soooWhere can I catch good sized snapper near Adelaide, I can travell but have heard mixed reports about wallaroo and ardrossan. Outer harbour people seem to say they catch them, then others say they have never seen them caught.Obviously ill be shore based so any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Skudded wrote:

Where can I catch good sized snapper near Adelaide, I can travell but have heard mixed reports about wallaroo and ardrossan. Outer harbour people seem to say they catch them, then others say they have never seen them caught.Obviously ill be shore based so any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

I think you'll find that's about it.I believe the outer harbor channel works best in Spring though. You probably know wallaroo Jetty and Pt Riley work best during or just after a big blow.Pt Giles and Kliens Point are two other possible options.
Skudded wrote:

Since so many will read this Im going to put this request here lol..Im in metro adelaide and have no access to a boat. Im about to go on several weeks holidays and intend on filling alot of this time fishing, soooWhere can I catch good sized snapper near Adelaide, I can travell but have heard mixed reports about wallaroo and ardrossan. Outer harbour people seem to say they catch them, then others say they have never seen them caught.Obviously ill be shore based so any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

HEY... wanna buy a rock to fish off?IVE GOT BAZZILLIONS OF THE BUGGERS OUT THERE...dont laugh.. they used to sell pet rocks at one time...and people bought them.

Outer harbour breakwall first light might be worth a go.Headin out in the cold dark morning you want to be keen.RE : What a crock................You guys must be pretty good snapper fishos, I'm obviously not as good as you blokes, you must know a lot about snapper. B) Me .............. I'm always eager to learn something more. :huh: Maybe you blokes should run a course and teach the rest of us wannabees. :)

Highfly wrote:

Outer harbour breakwall first light might be worth a go.Headin out in the cold dark morning you want to be keen.RE : What a crock................You guys must be pretty good snapper fishos, I'm obviously not as good as you blokes, you must know a lot about snapper. B) Me .............. I'm always eager to learn something more. :huh: Maybe you blokes should run a course and teach the rest of us wannabees. :)

can i sell you a rock perhaps?it will be next to my rock, but may not be the rock you have to stand on , but will be one very similar...you cant take it with you, as i plan on selling it again after you leave.but feel free to take a photo of your rock.all jokes aside, the bloke catches snapper. IF the photos are from a long time ago, hell i can get hold of the same kind of photos AND video of where i fish when 25lb snapper were caught EVERY day... and not just one of them either.most ive seen is 14 snapper over 20lb in one morning, and a local bloke landed 9 one morning, and not one under 25lb...BUT them days are long gone.if them photos were from a long time ago, back then it wasnt that difficult to land a big knobbie.. it was common to head out on a saturday morning, rocks or boat, to get a snapper for a bbq that night.
Skudded wrote:

I wonder what people would think if i rocked up on the jetty..put down a rock and said im going Snapper fishing... :laugh:

If it was Nev's rock, then everyone will be envious!! I can give you a discount on these rocks AND you can keep it!!Throw a line straight out from the light house at Pt Lowly at a low tide about 4.00am and you are in for a chance of a nobber. They seem to come in close here under the cover of darkness looking for food from the rip.Don't tell Nev. LOL!!
Highfly wrote:

I remember u bagging out some of us about not catching.... B)Highfly wrote:

Just because you cant catch them doesnt mean their stocks are low.It just means your not very good at it YET :P

Better eat them words ;)Not to forget........Highfly wrote:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh:Definately no expert but hey ......................Garfish, YFW, in short supply......... are you seriousthats what I take the kids out for......If your struggling to catch gar and yfw I'll get my 4 yo to give you some pointers. Hes the gar king B):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:PB)

So ur good at everything else bar snapper fishing.. B) Maybe i should get snappermania to give you some pointers, $ 10 bucks a week will put a smile on his dial.. :laugh::laugh:
Humf wrote:

Skudded wrote:

I wonder what people would think if i rocked up on the jetty..put down a rock and said im going Snapper fishing... :laugh:

If it was Nev's rock, then everyone will be envious!! I can give you a discount on these rocks AND you can keep it!!Throw a line straight out from the light house at Pt Lowly at a low tide about 4.00am and you are in for a chance of a nobber. They seem to come in close here under the cover of darkness looking for food from the rip.Don't tell Nev. LOL!!
heheheh. BELIEVE me... ive tried that,,, and tried it often....have got a few pannies, but nothing like the fish i get at my good spot.
afishyfish wrote:
rocknev wrote:
HEY... wanna buy a rock to fish off?IVE GOT BAZZILLIONS OF THE BUGGERS OUT THERE...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Anyone wanna buy a rock that quite possibly smells like Nevs date :blink: ?
naw... the high tide washes any evidence ive had a movement on the rocks... :) not much chance of stepping on a land mine.
bigash wrote:

i haven't read all the page but ain't our bag limit 6 fish over 60cm???there seems to be a lot of pics with 8 big fish in it?cheersBigAsh

yeah i said the same thing, and it was thought that they were old pics...if they are old, before the limit we have now came into effect, they must be old photos for sure...so if there old, they would have been pretty easy to come across so many large in the old days.if its a new photo, then somebody may be double dipping.
Guest shagging
afishyfish wrote:
rocknev wrote:
HEY... wanna buy a rock to fish off?IVE GOT BAZZILLIONS OF THE BUGGERS OUT THERE...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Anyone wanna buy a rock that quite possibly smells like Nevs date :blink: ?
Thats just wrong in so many ways aff! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

HMMM I wonder if he was serious how much that 1 particular liitle rock of Nevs would go for. I think you should run a mock auction Nev to see just what kind of figure might be reached here. Id suggest people staying realistic with their amount so we can see just what its worth to others (we all know its priceless to the man himself) but how much are we prepared to pay??Ill start the bidding at $400going once.....

Why is it that every thread on this site gets rail roaded with crap?If people have a problem with it why don't you contact Wayne on his contact details he has on his site instead of bagging him like little girls behind a keyboard. Fair dinkum some of the crap other users of this site have to read, topics that turn to shit overnight with crap that isn't even relevant and this isn't even the off topic section!.Hey guys ever thought the snapper might of come from two or more boats and he has just put the entire catch together into one photo for his website, instead of he's taking more then the bag limit.There are heaps of people on this site that no longer take part and are sick of reading all the crap that some users seem they must add to every thread.Have you noticed the lack of fishing reports of late? everyone is turning off from all the bullshit that is being written.Come on guys give us a break or use face book for your banter.

weaver wrote:

Why is it that every thread on this site gets rail roaded with crap?If people have a problem with it why don't you contact Wayne on his contact details he has on his site instead of bagging him like little girls behind a keyboard. Fair dinkum some of the crap other users of this site have to read, topics that turn to shit overnight with crap that isn't even relevant and this isn't even the off topic section!.Hey guys ever thought the snapper might of come from two or more boats and he has just put the entire catch together into one photo for his website, instead of he's taking more then the bag limit.There are heaps of people on this site that no longer take part and are sick of reading all the crap that some users seem they must add to every thread.Have you noticed the lack of fishing reports of late? everyone is turning off from all the bullshit that is being written.Come on guys give us a break or use face book for your banter.

fair call weaver... but what started as a post of someone selling a trip to catch snapper, hasnt veered that far of course has it? as everyone knows, i fish the rocks...AND I DO BETTER THAN MOST BOATS DO ON THE SNAPPER. do i not?2007, 38 legal snapper, 2008, 61 legal snapper, 2009, 48 legal snapper... 2010, so far im on 32 legal snapper...all from the rocks.so maybe i should sell a rock...HELL BLOKE... WHAT WERE YOU SELLING THE OTHER WEEK, a bag of nothing..., and look where that thread went...and that wasnt bullshit??????.... if anyone fancies a fish with me, they are more than welcome...ive had so far 3 people from adelaide,take me up on this offer, FROM this very forum...and i fish often with other locals, ive met on THIS forum.who really cares if it goes off topic?... seems to me the topic may have been dying anyway.ever thought the lack of fishing reports may or may not have to do with its cold and there may not be as much fishing going on as normal?ever thought that someone may have found a honey hole of a fishing spot and doesnt wish to broadcast it?( yeah it happens...mate i know landed 2 snapper last week, which both were over 20lb cleaned and gutted from the rocks... and ive seen the pictures,, and i havnt been shown where he got them from, and im not expecting him to either..)well i guess thats going to lose me some karma, but lives like that.

With all due respect Weaver, I understand you have been a member for a long time and have a right to speak your mind but from my point of veiw If it wasnt for mindless banter I mostly would have nothing to say.I dont fish every day, I work. Sure if I fished everyday I would give you a report. I have reported on what I have done when its worth reporting and mostly with pics ie I have put some effort into the report. However, in the meantime I dont mind a chat. Now Im not one to go sit at a bar for hours or go out with the boys every night so what I do is I go online and have a chat, its my social outlet and its what I find enjoyable and therefore relaxing. I didnt realise that there was a ruling against digression. Just like in the bar,or anywhere having a chat the converstion shifts. Of coarse as with the bar, or anywhere you always have the freedom to remove yourself or abstain from the conversation.Now dont get me wrong, I understand that you want a fishing site to be about fishing and you feel that that is being undermined. However I dont really understand whats wrong with people having a little fun inbetween fishing. I would venture to say that I have learnt a great deal about fishing and most importantly about LOCAL fishing in my short time on this site, so suffice it to say that THIS SITE IS FULLFILLING ITS INTENDED OUTCOME.Come on mate, how many sites of any Nature are truly local. Google anything and you wont find it pertaining to South Australia. If we cant enjoy the site on many levels then perhaps it is me who has joined the wrong site and I have the wrong ideas about what this site is about.Btw, i wasnt on the river cruise but i assume if you were weaver you made sure that the conversations were not railroaded and were kept strictly on fishing.Thanks for listeningAnthony