How many rods and reels do you own..

I haven't done a head count recently, but it's just over the 40 mark.Bear in mind though, 1/4 of these are Bream spinning outfits, then when ya break the rest down, it's not as bad as it sounds, coz I've got a few Snapper outfits, a coupla 24kg outfits, a coupla surf spinning outfits, a coupla surf overhead outfits, a coupla nibbletips, a coupla light gp outfits, and then there's a few combo's included in the count which are a bit outdated and don't get used at all anymore, or are reserved as "loaners!"I guess when all is weighed up and ya need a few 4-6lb outfits, 4kg outfits, 6kg outfits, 10kg outfits, 15kg outfits, 24kg outfits, landbased outfits, boat outfits, beach outfits, it doesn't really take long for the count rate to increase.

I stoped counting because its getting embarrassing,I can tell you I have brought 2 new rod and reel outfits in the past fortnightboth $400 plus outfits:o {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifOk I know I have issues, leave me alone {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif Cheers Ian {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Guest dabilda

I've got 10 and thought I might be getting to the overboard side.It would seem not.............. thanks Ranger my conscience is now clear. Now back to those tackle shops again {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

About 2 dozen. A couple of 24kg combos, a few 30lb outfits, some surf rods, a few 9 to 10ft rods, 3 or 4 rods for salmon fishing off porties, half a dozen light spinnning rods for bream and for bait soaking and leading to guests, two short, light graphite rods I use off the Yak, a few telescopics I hace picked up over the years, a six piece spin rod also for travel and a 6 piece 3 to 4 weight fly rod. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gifBut Its still not enough. I am looking to getting another 9foot starlostix to match the one I already have for jetty work. If I get into surf fishing some more I would like another suft rod and maybe a new baitrunner to match. And you can never have too many bream rods. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

On 22/08/07 I wroteI have 56 rods, all assorted sizes and weights, my wife asked "Why so many rods?".I replied"You buy dresses".[/color:14nkfzkl]The question has been aasked before.But... before you shoot me down in flamesThere are a lot ao new members all the time, so it wouldnt be unusual for the same question to be aske d with different wordskeep it going[/color:14nkfzkl]

umm about 20 in the shed then about another 4-5 always left on the boat, i think we have more rods then reels, we have a few old old rods (partners mums dads rod) and a few reels that are just as ancient, plus we have the kids rods too, of course brought from brownies!!i did have an ugly stick which was my bestest favrod that a FSA member/mate got me for my b'day unfortunatly it got stolen when i left my ex husband unfortunatly my step dads rods i had were taken at the same time!:'(i have since got Mr goldie to buy and ugly stick which he LOVES!!!maybe i need to do an 'help goldie get a rod for herself' charity drive'seeing as my partner wont let me claim any of her onw!!

I own too many rods and too many reels. I've never counted them. However, I probably only use half a dozen outfits on a regular basis. Reels : Stradic 2500 & 4000, Luvias 2500, Kix 3000, Calcutta 200 Baitrunner 4500..Rods : 10ft 2-piece Silstar blank rated 1-10kg specifically for throwing metal - aka 'The Spaghetti Stick'; 6'6" Live Fibre texalium 2-5kg for whiting etc; 7ft G-Loomis 2-5kg stick for throwing metal in the salt and casting lures in the fresh; 6'7" T-Curve Tournament 6-8kg stick for snapps and cod trolling; 7ft Daiwa Tierra 2-4kg stick for sp's and a crappy 12ft Penn Ultimate surf rod for mullies/sharks/rays.I also have 2 outfits that pretty much stay in my boat - a Sienna 2500 and 7ft Catana 2-4kg stick and a Sedona 2500 and 7'6" Raider 2-4kg. Cheers,Wino