Just a short onreguys im keen to know ur records on longest streaks without a fish? Im up to 5 trips now both land based and boat and am really struggling with it. :angry::angry: I know time on the water is where its at but this is crazy! Im no mug but im like a rookie out there WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry: :dry: :dry: :blush::blush:

Pfft! I can catch fish, but it's the fish which don't count!Went to Porta Gutter to chase kingies........got ST's!Went to the Port to chase Bream..............got ST's!Went to the weedline to chase Whiting........got ST's!Went to West Lakes to chase Bream............yep #$@#%! :( I haven't caught any decent fish since summer! :blush:

last year.... to the rocks where i always go.... 23 trips without a fish...this year, same time of year, and im on 17 trips now without a fish.WHERE THE HELL IS THE ROARING STH WINDS I CRAVE?its a 65km round trip where i fish. cant say im not catching anything though... been doing real well on the cuttlefish and large squid.gotta get that bait stocked up.

rocknev wrote:

last year.... to the rocks where i always go.... 23 trips without a fish...this year, same time of year, and im on 17 trips now without a fish.WHERE THE HELL IS THE ROARING STH WINDS I CRAVE?its a 65km round trip where i fish. cant say im not catching anything though... been doing real well on the cuttlefish and large squid.gotta get that bait stocked up.

Your the master of Persistance Nev !!!!! I really have to give you Kudos for your committment :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: . The other thing I love is even if you dont get any you still put posts up and thats fantastic :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: .Ive done a few troutless trips this year to spots that regularly produce!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: . Dont worry OS, I lost my MOJO :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: for a while and got it back last week, but sadly that was on salmon trout (Ranger you hearing this - they can be usefull, thats if they count...of course they do).Anyway I think metro fish are almost becoming a rare commodity. You do have to put in the hours and really work out their movements and feeding patterns.Keep trying though OS, cos when you hit em theyre gonna be big. Thats the snapps that is. I think the key is going to be finding some on the sounder first.

i know what ur saying ranger and to be honest im gonna start down the bottom and work up. got a week off this week so im gonna get a fix on some ST's.......i hope!!! summer just gone was the first with the bigger boat and i must admit i thought i did ok for metro and having never fished from boats in winter i wasn't sure what to expect. but i thought id be better than this!!

my motto is, YOU CANT CATCH THEM IN FRONT OF THE TELLY......and ive got a goal of a genuine 10kg snapper from the rocks im trying to catch.....got my 9kg a couple of years ago, and am striving to beat it.im on 32 legal snapper from the rocks this year so far....

rocknev wrote:

my motto is, YOU CANT CATCH THEM IN FRONT OF THE TELLY......and ive got a goal of a genuine 10kg snapper from the rocks im trying to catch.....got my 9kg a couple of years ago, and am striving to beat it.im on 32 legal snapper from the rocks this year so far....

off the rocks 9kg!......thats awesome nev!.....shit i gotta head up that way ondeday.

Rocknev ur right time on the water as they say. I think whats bugging me is what worked so well for me 4 mnths ago is crapola now lol :) my goal is a 10kilo metro red and ill get it but if i could just tag a few other things to pass the time!!!!! i mean we couldn't even catch slimmies today! i admire ur persistance as i to live a fair way from the water and its a 2 hr round trip with the boat and an hr and a 1/2 without it. Plug away as they say

krustykrab wrote:

rocknev wrote:

off the rocks 9kg!......thats awesome nev!.....shit i gotta head up that way ondeday.
few and far between these days to get a big knobbie from shore.... in the good old days, fish to 30lb+ were an every day catch...and im not joking...
rocknev wrote:

krustykrab wrote:

rocknev wrote:

few and far between these days to get a big knobbie from shore.... in the good old days, fish to 30lb+ were an every day catch...and im not joking...
WTB............a time machine to go back to the good old days B)

but they are still caught sometimes...this is a bloke i know, he asked for a spot and what to use as bait... i snt him to a place where he might get a small pannie, and put him onto cuttlefish bait....damn wasnt i peeved when he landed this......D'OHhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PML_XsS-YCo

heres the still pictures of it... look carfully and you can see a boat sitting on the tyre reef in the background....dan uses a 17ft 3 piece rod, with a big overhead, and 50lb line..., and doesnt cast it that far at all....he very nearly cut the snapper off, thinking it was a stingray...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9g1g6RP38

Went out from St Kilda on Saturday and tried 10 different spots and covered 102 ks ranging from the Norma, 6 ks passed Fairway Beacon to the Gawler Grns and got 2 Flatheads.We tried out an underwater camera on all spots and all I saw was a couple of cow fish, gardies, blowfish and a squid.Put down burley at Norma and watch the cow fish swiming back and forward, plenty of razor fish there.Still, we enjoyed the day as it was calm and the fish still got their bellies full of blood wormsFound this guy at the end of the St Kilda breakwaterCK in Dog Dish Posted Image

CK.JPG

Guest SnappaHunta

I'm having a shocker of a winter myself.I just don't seem to have the winter fishing quite right.Still:)My dad went down to Marion Bay recently, he and his mate got bag each of 50cm + KIng George!!But of course that's while I'm at work. Big Boat + retired = fish :):)apart from the threat of full sized salmon hitting a local breakwater, there's bugga all outthis time of year. I got onto a few schools of KGs locally, but nothing to write home about. In this issue of Wildcoast they reckon the Goannas and North are producing KGs.I hear your point on what worked 4 months ago, because I'm just thankful for the STs to save many a winters day.You'll feel like a fishing king again come summer, Mmmm big angry bream, yellow fin whiting, schoolies, sharks breaking the surface, snook and good old red knobbies when the crabs return :):)

OLD SALTY wrote:

Rocknev ur right time on the water as they say. I think whats bugging me is what worked so well for me 4 mnths ago is crapola now lol :) my goal is a 10kilo metro red and ill get it but if i could just tag a few other things to pass the time!!!!! i mean we couldn't even catch slimmies today! i admire ur persistance as i to live a fair way from the water and its a 2 hr round trip with the boat and an hr and a 1/2 without it. Plug away as they say

OS it was only the last trip out to a spot you are a regular to that I saw a bloke pull up a 8-9 kg snaps just after we pulled up... they're still there mate !
OLD SALTY wrote:

NEv mate thats classic!!! ive seen that on utube and thought bloody hell! atleast u can take claim to part of that catch!

would have much rather taken all of the catch... but thats fishing.who would have thought a biggy would have came from there.... not for a very long time has a big thumper been taken from that spot...even the tyre reef just beyond casting range is hit and miss....