Gday guys was planning a pm trip tomoro but circumstances have changed and it now HAS to be am. I want to be part of the incoming tide but my problem is bait! Just wondering if anyone knows the earliest a tackle store in adelaide opens?Just outta interest i was in sydney last year and visited a crazy little shack on the side of the road near Tom Uglies that opens at 4am everyday of the year! nuts! and it wasn't just ur average bait they had live prawns and nippers fresh bottle squid etc etc amazing.

Is that the old couple?? if so they are top people and yeah i reckon they are on weekends but i was there around 730am tuesday and they were shut up. Im soooooooooo spewin i didn't get anything today looks like it might be chuckin chromies tomoro morn which is not toooo bad but i like the options.

Lets go fishing times depend on whos on that morning if it is Steve the owner (the olds son) hell b there at 7! however if the old couple have got to open they will open later!!!! Steve has been working later at night latley..... Dont blame him either i start work at 8 and i freeze my old boy off :(

Guest davidm#2

if u left to go to the bait shop when you started this thread you probs wouldve got there in time, lol haha oh well. i suppose u were cookin up a nice feed anywaygd luk with tha salmon then

Up in Qld we always used chicken breast for bream, worked a treat. But then found it hard to get with the skin left on :( damn health nuts ;) So we went nuclear chicken plastics they work, now it's satay chicken gulps for snapper :cheer: best ever. Must be something with chicken everyone likes a good chook.

http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/68884/faq_berleying_april_2008_final.pdfQ. What about the use of small amounts of meat for berley or bait when targeting fish such as mullet?A. The intent of the law is to minimise the impact berleying may have on attracting sharks to areas close to other water users. It is considered unlikely that these products will have significant attractant properties and so they will be dealt with in the same manner as commercial berley. Compliance officers will use their discretion in weighing up the circumstances of its use.

cheers guys for the info plans changed again! arvo session is now on so bait shop hrs wont be an issue lol:)recently had a mate over from perth and he swears by spleen as a crab bait and when i told him about the laws here he couldnt believe it! iagree tho withpirsa noot cool having all that offal hanging around jetty's in and on them. So the plan is now head to south port from 1 pm till 8pm if anyones down that way come say gday! :)

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

Del wrote:

can always use SMALL pieces of chicken.. late night woolies run?

I wouldnt get caught using chicken anything that doesnt come from the water is not allowed to be used in the water, ie chicken carcasas and red meat in crab nets.Sorry to ruin your plan just letting you know
the question has been asked on here to the PIRSA lads. and it has been answered small usage such as bream baits etc it is fine to use chicken. Carcases in crab nets and shark baits IS NOT OK.