My New Tropical aquarium.

Bolivians with one of my big gourami's chilling behind it.one more fish I'll get is a green severum...but I'm hearing conflicting reports... some say severum when they grow eat all your other fish and others say they are placid as... ideas or experience??anyways I'm excited... have a few other fish in there (bristlenose, siamese, hoplo catfish) but they didn't pose for a shot lol :side: Posted Image

IMG_8670.JPG

scooter wrote:

That's a really nice setup love the curved glass. Should look great once all the fish are in and settled. got my son a 3ft tank for xmas last year didn't have much interest in it my self but i do now and my wife even more so she wants a bigger tank already. Well done Scott

my wife had little to no interest in my aquarium till mid last year, then motivated the upgrade. Some choose giant plasma screens... we still have a crap TV, but an awesome aquarium... no regrets here :) if you go bigger go a canister filter... may cost you an extra $200 or so but solves so many filtration/ammonia & other issues :) (not to mention cleaning it out!!!) :woohoo:

The main reason i didn't want a tank is the cleaning and maintenance but we seem to have it setup alright.I say we i mean she my wife and son do all that but there isn't much to do and we have about 25 fish and it always looks clean. Don't know what filter it is though my job was building the cabinet. will try to put up a photo. Not to good with this computer stuff though and my camera's broke have to use the phone.Scott

Hey mate i used to keep and breed green and gold severums, awesome fish def one of my faves, they look sick when fully grown. A tank that size will house 2 sevs perfectly(wouldnt go anymore than that though as they do shit alot lol). Your bolivians shark and gourami will be fine as they grow big enough not to be eaten and will co exist perfectly with your severums. Severums usually grow between 20 and 30cm and with 30% weekly water changes and 3 good feeds a day will reach that size and FAT in about 2 years time. Unfortunately it wont take long for them to start pickin off your neons as there mouths get big pretty quickely have seen em pick off neons when they were only the size of a jam jar lid lol. Your bristle noses will be fine too and are the best for algea maitinece a crew of them will allways keep your tank algea free. Its an awesome lookin tank and will look even better when your fish have reached full size. Hope that helped mate BenP.S oh yeah if they end up pairing up and breedin they may get a little aggressive but in a tank that size all should be fine as they are usually pretty placid for cichlids.

yer nice set up m8 also love the curved glass my cuz has a 6th curved looks choice ;) i use to get into the aquariums but cleaning got the better of me and basicaly gave them away i use to breed eletric blues and did they breed sold over 300 fish to aggys lots of work but very entertaining :)Posted Image

eletric_blues.jpg

afishyfish wrote:

You guys ever had Glass catfish ? ( thats what I think they were called anyway ) They have a long thin body and are that transparent you see their skeletons easily B):laugh:

neary bought one yesterday, but they require bloodworms each day to stay alive... I only feed bloodworms every week or so so thought "too hard"
voogoofish wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

You guys ever had Glass catfish ? ( thats what I think they were called anyway ) They have a long thin body and are that transparent you see their skeletons easily B):laugh:

neary bought one yesterday, but they require bloodworms each day to stay alive... I only feed bloodworms every week or so so thought "too hard"
I never had to feed mine blooworms. Maybe a different fish :unsure: Try this link for identification http://www.fishsales.com.au/photos/1243913323bicirrhus.jpgor else heres some of the ones I had in a tank B)
voogoofish wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

voogoofish wrote:

ps: that was crazy tese music in the video, made me feel that he'd be eaten any minute...

We're gonna ned a bigger boat :dry: :huh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
so will he live if I buy him In Your Opinion???
My brother has glass catfish in his tank as we speak has had them for ages and Im 100% certin that he dont feed his bloodworms everyday, maybe once a month if there lucky always dry food, killer looking fish you see all the skeleton moving the the food it has just eatin in its guts crazy. His would be close to 100mm long.Id get 1 but my goldens would eat him lol