braid n swivells

Hi guys, recently i went out for a fish landbased , was using some light 5lb braid to try n trick a fish into taking my plastc.had no success and did manage to get a wind knot just as it got dark....grrrrr .......not one during daylight hrs :angry: anyway i got the knot out without cuting braid but i did notice that my braid was twisting, i figgured thats because i wasnt using a swivell.My question should i be using a swivell flicking plastics at bream or not? as ive been told that a swivell will scare timid warey bream.if i should not be using a swivell does it ruin the braid?what do you do to stop the twist?cheers chuckemback

im using 5lb power pro braid, and i used an albright knot to tie on my flouro carbon, rang fish, the double uni knot isnt hard either to tie. but i dout its got anythig to do with the knot. the reel is a shimano siena roller rolls but not sure when im winding if it acctually spins , i am using a 1/8 jig head and 6lb flouro carbon.oh yea this never happend when i was using stren 8lb braid on the same reel.

im using 5lb power pro braid' date=' and i used an albright knot to tie on my flouro carbon, rang fish, the double uni knot isnt hard either to tie. but i dout its got anythig to do with the knot. the reel is a shimano siena roller rolls but not sure when im winding if it acctually spins , i am using a 1/8 jig head and 6lb flouro carbon.oh yea this never happend when i was using stren 8lb braid on the same reel.[/quote']Sometimes its the knot. Im not a fan of the allbright knot and i have never had any tangles with the Double Uni. I havent used a swivel for lure fishing so i don't see how that can help with the wind knots.Also whenever i fish braid i always put pressure to tighten the line every few casts, i never seem to have wind knots, so try and wind it in whilst putting pressure on it like what Shark Fisho said hopefully this helps. :)

I have tried the little swivel clips to attach lures to.I don't think they are necessary unless you're going to be using spinner baits.Also, I have absolutely NO evidence of this, but I reckon the swivel clips for attaching lures too, put the fish off. Or well I feel less confident using them anyway.And I just tried em again recently picked up some little ones on special.... 10 or 20 casts later, I took the bloody thing off.Sometimes there may be a slight twist in the line, but you might find it's actually on the spool quite nicely?? once a good 10-20m is cast out, that slight twist shouldn't be an issue

Ok thanks guys, i know about winding the braid on tight every now andthen , i keep that up.next session i am gonna use a swivel and try to get the twists out of the braid , b4 i try the double uni knot. the swivel doesnt help the wind knots but might help with the twisting.try again soon sometime this week i hope.

I've had no trouble with Sienna's so it must either be the braid or something like the roller,did you spool up by getting someone to hold the spool as you wound on the line or did you lay it on the floor?anyway run out 100 metres of line at an oval and rewind it back through you fingers and that should get out the residual twist and go from there.I almost bought some power pro today....whew cheers brenton