YFW Pattanosta rig or running??

Heading down tennyson beach tommorrow morning, allways used a pattanosta rig, but just been reading around (while playing poker) and seems running rigs the go, is that the case? Just the 1 hook on a running sinker? I allways liked the 2 hook approach as i figure more chance but if running is the go i might try that, was down semaphore jetty last night from about 3am till 7.30am, didnt see a thing caught apart from a coupla little tommies that i saw, so might hit the beach tommorrow morning at tennyson :)

running rig..... ball sinker b4 a swivel then trace line to your hook mate ;) lightest sinker possible 2 :)

As light as possible as said, and if using no trace as Softy says, make sure the sinker is again as light as possible.On a super calm day, even flick a worm or clicker out unweighted. The more natural the better as the YFW can be very touchy/spooky at times.I would think the paternoster rig is much better suited to the KG whiting.

Hey,I change depending on the bait- really soft baits like cockles (when I'm feeling rich) I use a paternoster so that there are 2 baits in case one gets robbed before I get to it. For really calm, shallow water and particularly for nippers, I use the running rig with a light sinker over the swivel. Going to head out this arvo actually. Can't wait.

Got down Tennyson about 5.30am, right on the turn i think high tide was 6am, fished that permanent gutter??? right in front. Got keeper first cast, coupla little nibbles then a mullet, then a throw away mullet, then walked over sandbar then first cast another YFW, came home with 2 and a mullet, left about 9am Used a running sinker with size 6 hooks and tubeworms, smallest running sinkers i found in my t/box, 1 cm in length, was getting a lot of drift/pull to the left so have brought some size 3 running sinker for tommorrow morning, hopefully have a bit tighter linesFun Morning :)

Guest Brent61southoz

i found that casting into the drop-off works well , as the yfw come into feed on small dead/dying food off the sandbars , using paternoster rig with loose line so the bait moves with the current.wored great this arvo.brent