Guest boys day out

Ling.Commonly called ling here in SA (thats my opinion)And if I caught that I would be calling it a bloody Ling. Gee I hate those things.

I'm with the Bearded cod or beardie. ;) A bloody Ling has a eel type tail or called a rockling :P
Have to agree with you HSVLS19 On this one ;) ;) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

only ever caught one ling and that was at rapid bay. It was really pink in colour and looked a lot like a carfish-tail wise. Dadused to call them kingclips and they cook up a treat. I reckomn this bugger is a bearded rock cod as well as taste pretty average but are quite tasty when smoked - yeah i know theyre also hard to light :)

I've commnly known these as Ling here as well. Either way...always get them out at the lumb and to tell you the truth, they are'nt bad eating either:ohmy: Very soft flesh that comes up beautifully in a beer batter but not the easiest fish to fillet due to how soft the flesh is.Any way... Ling...beardie.....Bearded Cod...all same...:silly: