top three best catches

hi guys, ive decided to post my top three best catches of all time. They are not necessarlly the biggest of any species i have caught but the three that gave me my biggest thrills,These fish made me so happy i still smile when i look back on the pics. hope you like them....:boat: please feel free to post your own top three,- pic 1 my first 30+ snapper- pic 2 my first big kingie- pic 3 my first decent port mullie

13.65.JPG

17kilofirstkingie.JPG

taggedmillie.jpeg

Nice pics and fish..... I reckon you're most awesome catch was the Kingie off Pt Lowly where you dove down and unsnagged your line... that was craaaazy! but had to admire you for your determination (it was awhile ago, I think it was you... memories a bit faded now) :blush:

the port mullie for sure. tagged and released felt good aswell. but in saying that, at the time the king felt so good. i was over the moon and i had 6 mates away with me to share it with.if this post runs for a while ill post my three biggest mullie,king and red also...

Nice pics and fish..... I reckon you're most awesome catch was the Kingie off Pt Lowly where you dove down and unsnagged your line... that was craaaazy! but had to admire you for your determination (it was awhile ago' date=' I think it was you... memories a bit faded now) :blush:[/quote']hehehe yeah that me, no exacally at lowly but yeah near there. went 20kilo also tagged and released
the port mullie for sure. tagged and released felt good aswell. but in saying that' date=' at the time the king felt so good. i was over the moon and i had 6 mates away with me to share it with.if this post runs for a while ill post my three biggest mullie,king and red also...[/quote']dont wait m8 hit us with it love this shit congrats on all accounts thats awesome stuff

great fish, that snapper looks bigger than 30lb - wish i had pics of most memorable fish but didnt take them... but i've got the memories...63kg yellowfin tuna15kg PNG black bassand the one that haunts me most is a 50-60lb 1.5mtr barra my dad lost at the boat after fighting it for 3/4hr on 6kg baitcaster... 20 years and i can still see the mono trace go behind the gill raker and cut thru it as it was literally spent beside the boat...

Early 90's bronzie from Stenhouse Bay,just under 8 feet,2and a half hours on 15kgMid 2000's surf snapper from FWC near Yalata.......21lb.......nothing red about this one,pure chromeLate 80's mullie from North Arm,land based in amongst the mangrove/wrecks.......my pb at that stage,34lb on 8kgMy top 3

Some awesome captures there by all and some i look forward to achieving.Here's my top three that had me on top of the world.Cod on home made spinnerbait after a long day casting.Posted ImageKnee shaking callop, looking at the pic brings back that cold winters dayPosted Imagethe first coorong bream on artificial on new years day. Dodging off tap revellers on the way to the ramp, very memorable morning after all the hard work in finding them.Posted Image

Here's my 3, again not the largest of each species I have caught but they were the fish that gave me the confidence to stick with it knowing it could be done!First Murray Cod on a lure, on a trolled Oar Gee Plow upstream of Robinvale in 2007. After the high fives & back slapping finished I dropped the lure back in & nailed another one immediately :)robinvale2007002.jpgNext one is my first EP caught on a HB (sx40f) in about 2 ft of water in the Glenelg River (special thanks to nextcast for the coaching ;) )simonep.jpgFinally a 73cm snapper that slammed a Jazz blade first time I had given it a swim B) Was very lucky to get him in the end as the crap w hooks had splayed open with only one remaining attached to the fish by the time we got him in the net!bladesnaps.jpg

Great little thread here. Some of these catches are extraordinary.My fish are your average bread and butter fish ;). But these shots have the best memories behind them.1. Is my Snapper off Port Hughes.... This fish marked a special time when I realized that we had crossed a line from mostly donut outings to mostly fish outings... Just ;)I had been busted off and was going to out my spare spool on the PENN, but thought one more cast.... O oh, the fish took off and didn't have much line to stop the bugga hahaha.Posted ImageNext is my first outing with my own home made soft plastics..:woohoo: . And pulled a nice 30cm breamPosted ImageLast one is an overgrown school mulloway. We landed 7 mulloway on this morning, my wife and dad outfishing me.... Then started a shitfight on this forum with the report :laugh: my mrs was shakin at the knees when we netted her fish.... Awesome little session and my mrs fish really was the most memorable.... But here is my 82cm fish for anyone not sick of seeing it. And it is my PB mulloway :S Posted Image

BrettsBigStanvacRed7andahalfkilosfeb2011.JPG:ohmy: Allroy thats a fantastic red on blade, and Srick that big boy of yours is a Monster.Heres a couple of my best captures but Im sure everyone has seen em here anywaytwo 8kilo puppies Caught on the other side of the gulf with some GREAT MATES that made the day so memorable that it will never dissapear from my mind. We bagged out in under an hour that Morning on cracking fishBretttwosnapper.jpgHeres a video of my Best Rainbow trout caught at a SAFWAA DAM - i do have photos somewhere but no access to em at work.http://www.strikehook.com/interactive/videos/1644-urhookedfish/video/72-Rainbow+Trout+Club+DamHeres the fish that started the obsession for Big Reds, The first time I cracked the 20lb mark. Spot on 20LB off walleroo a few years back.

PBSnapper081207Shot4.jpg

:ohmy: Allroy thats a fantastic RED on blade, and Srick that Big Boy of yours is a Monster!.:clap: Heres a couple of my best captures but Im sure everyone has seen em here anyway:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Bretttwosnapper.jpgtwo 8kilo puppies Caught on the other side of the gulf with some GREAT MATES that made the day so memorable that it will never dissapear from my mind. We bagged out in under an hour that Morning on cracking fishHeres my Bigges Red on soft plastic - 8KG APPROX ON BERKLEY GULP!MadKeen_2011-05-06-2.jpgHeres the fish that started the obsession for Big Reds, The first time I cracked the 20lb mark. Spot on 20LB off walleroo a few years back.PBSnapper081207Shot4.jpgTheres also a Big UGLY Stanvac Snapper attached down the bottom as well, Not my biggest night snapper but my first big one fishing so close to home. Taken off Stanvac on a night with B214 that will go down in history as one of the Maddest sessions Ive been in - Top 3 all time snapper sessions. I had added a video of a FAT ARSE rainbow trout of over 50cm from a safwaa dam but removed it when I thought of more Snapper captures. Ive caught some very nice trout but at the end of the day they dont cut it when up against the REDS.

BrettsBigStanvacRed7andahalfkilosfeb2011.JPG

Hey All,Thought it was time I contributed. The following three pictures are all 2011 vintage, and, Yes are all of Big Reds.Boyocracksa7KiloBargeRedPic1.jpgThis is the pic of my very first Big Red. Well over the 60cm mark anyway. It was caught locally off Stanvac after a nasty late afternoon summer wind squall. UHF and myself were in one of 4 boats on the mark at the time.SAM_0382.JPGThe two fish in this pic were caught locally off Stanvac, I think, 3 days after the one above. They weighed in at 7 and 6.5kg. They were part of an insane session where UHF, Rocktheshop, myself and two of my kids actually bagged out on Big Reds for the very first time. We also managed to haul in 9 just under the 60cm mark. It was one night I will never ever forget.SAM_0472.JPGThis pic was from another local Stanvac session where I had myself, two of my lads and two of their mates on board. Both fish went 8kg.There are other memorable catches, like huge Salmon caught off the beaches up around Fowlers bay and big Whiting from the middle of Spencer Gulf but they just don't compare to chasing the Big Reds. In these local outings, all four of my kids have caught memorable Reds. My two oldest lads have PB's of 6.5kg fish apiece, my youngest son has a PB of 5.8kg (He's 5) and my little girl has a PB of 2.3kg. (She's 4)

• 2 weeks later...

In first place would be my pb whiting 53cm 930 grams because of the time i have put into trying to find that elusive kilo slapper.[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\no1.jpg[/attachment]Second spot goes to the only kingie i have caught at about 8 kilo in 4 meters of water over at wedge, you can read and watch as many shows as you like about how hard they fight but until you got one hooked you don't really have a clue. God damn awesome fish.[attachment:2]C:\fakepath\072.JPG[/attachment]And in third has to be my pb snapper 18 kilo caught out at jurassic park of wallaroo a few years back, got his head mounted on a red gum berl and still regularly stop and have a good look at him, not saying i have seen a lot of them but he is still the only snapper i have seen with black tooth decay across the top half of his front teeth. Poor old bugger really wish now i had of put him back to enjoy his retirement.[attachment:3]C:\fakepath\snapper.jpg[/attachment][attachment:4]C:\fakepath\029.JPG[/attachment][attachment:5]C:\fakepath\032.JPG[/attachment]

some great fish guys,awesome.breaking it down to 3 only is tough,here goespt augusta thresher,went very hard this fish and completely jumped cleared of the water.my braid cut another guys anchor rope and towed us from the new power station to the shacks.probably went the hardest of all fish i have caught,it took the most line in the shortest time.caught on a live tommy,we released this fish,just too bloody big,approx 8 feet of body not including the tail.no 2 was pb mully,1.4 metres long,caught last year at far west coast.no 3 was pb king,caught a few weeks ago with absolute fishing charters,the weight of this fish was 70lb on the button.this fish was caught on livebait,only just worked out how to put photos up,cheers

PtAugustaRnd20001Small.jpg

PtAugustaRnd20011Small.jpg

mully.jpg

201170lbking.jpg