I caught a bat!!! I was flicking bream lures inside West Beach boat ramp at night and this bat grabbed it mid flight, was unbelievable to see this tiny critter when I reeled it back in, it was lightly hooked in the wing which i gently removed and it flew away no worries... definatly my most unusual catch!... cheers snake

I've caught many weird things over the years. A seal on a live tommie topped it for me, off Port Giles Jetty. Was going for snapper, when my rod started screaming. Hooked what i thought was a nice fish, went under the jetty and out the other side. Could hear splashing on the other side of the jetty. Ended up busting off. Ran over with torch to see what it was and saw a seal trying to get the hook out. Felt so bad for the seal. Hope he's alright. Also caught birds, turtles, octopussies, some weird eel thing, a Pipe fish, Crab nets, 2 skates on soft plastics, weedy whiting on a soft plastic. To many to list.Great topic. Had some laughs reading the other posts.Not to do with fishing. But, i almost caught a Falcon as it dived and attacked a remote control dragon fly i was flying out the front of my house. Was a surprise for sure.Cheers.Sam

Most unusual catch was at Mannum Last yearHad just set the rods on the end of the landing and decided to check the shrimp nets around the neighbors landingAfter checking the nets i was sitting on the neighbors landing enjoying the view and watching the rods with a cold beer when a flock of ducks flew pastOne hit the line and flew away but the line was screaming off I ran to my landing and it wasn't the duck but a fish the duck had hooked when it hit the line.After a 10min fight a nice 6kg carp was eventually landed

• 2 weeks later...

Would the same cuttlefish being caught 5 times in a row count as an unusual capture, or maybe just the dumbest sea creature :huh: :cheer:

Many years ago a friend and I caught a King George Whiting upstream of Murray Bridge

was it battered and crumbed??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Probably just VERY tired after a VERY long swim 4THA :side:

My grandfather once hooked a shag on a gar rig off the Pt. Hughes jetty. :clap:

..........how ironic.........I know a guy that shagged a hooker on Port Hughes jetty.......small world
With a gar rig :unsure::blink:
not sure about that,but his tackle had caught crabs within a day or so.....

Once many years ago I was fishing a creek not far from renmark with some friends, It was just after dark and after rebaiting a cod line had stopped to have a bite to eat, suddenly all hell broke loose and the reel started screaming. Then I remembered that I hadnt cast the bait into the water , about twenty minutes later after chasing whatever it was through the bushes and trees and all over the place I landed a possum hooked fair and square in the mouth, funny didnt think possums ate fish, maybe they do. Anyway possum was released relatively unharmed but I had severe scratches and slashes up my arms that required a visit to the hospital and a booster shot.looking back it was very funny, but at the time NOT.regards snapdragin :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ive caught a turtle like some of the other folk, boy do they loook grumpy with a hook in their mouth,Mum lost a rig off a jetty once only to catch it few casts later and retrieve the lot.My weirdest capture would have to be my elbow, had the rods in the car and a hook got caught in the passenger seat. I couldnt get it out so just cut it off to deal with later, I forgot all about it till i was driving the next day and lent back to get something from the back seat, as i brought my arm forward i hooked myself all the way through the skin on my elbow. Funny how bumpy the road feels when youve one hand on the steering wheel and one arm hooked to the seat next to you :blush: Pulled over and untangled myself and went on my merry way . :)

Have caught a few ducks on floating lures at my local lake, also caught a seagull in the port a while back while flicking a little HB lure about.....Seagull wasn't too happy to be hooked (in the beak) and as I was trying to free it somehow managed to transfer the treble from it to me :PPosted Image