Long Weekend Fishing Plans

Hi AllJust wondering where others are going fishing this long weekend.I'm hoping to take the boat out off Lincoln somewhere although i've noticed the forecast is for breezy south easterly winds.I thought south easterlys were only a summer wind :unsure:

Hi Nanman, sounds like some good fishing to be had by you if you make it out there.My plans are to chase wild stream trout either south or north dependant upon who else wants to get in on the act... Ive got a hankering to get a big trout hook-up!I may also chase some salmon with my brother on surf gear down south but have to complete building my second carport on the Tuesday (the day after long w/end) and also get some fishing done same day.so could be fishing many times over the four days.

Heading over to Yorkes' date='and supposed to be working around the shack.......might get a session or two in.......even if they are only :d/ sessions :lol:[/quote']haha all my fishing sessions end up being :d/ sessions to various extents depending on the day.Salmon fishing will be a good option UHF if the winds are going to south east. I guess that would be offshore at southport.

Hi AllJust wondering where others are going fishing this long weekend.I'm hoping to take the boat out off Lincoln somewhere although i've noticed the forecast is for breezy south easterly winds.I thought south easterlys were only a summer wind :unsure:

You're right NANMAN, sth easterlies are really the dominant summer winds (when a hot northerly ain't heating the place up).As winter kicks in it's the north westerlies to south westerlies that generally dominate ;)Good luck on another adventure off Lincoln :) I will be staying landbased around northern metro and seeing what I can get onto... Hopefully some salmon trout and a livey out for that elusive big mulloway :silly: CheersJack

Well I don't have any plans for the long weekend since my job has decided that it would be good for me to fly out on the Sunday to Florida for a month for some knowledge transfer activities and to assist on a project out there. And as a bonus it looks like I might be there for a team building exercise that they are trying to organizing with a game fishing charter :woohoo:Really hope enough of the people over there sign on to it to get it off the ground, 3 have so far and they need 8 or so.

I managed to score Monday - Thursday off work so I reckon I'll be using this time to further educate myself on Bream fishing in the Onky, so far I have a shocking record in that river, also might spend some time down the Port/West Lakes and see what's around. Maybe have a late night on Porties jetty and if all else fails, surely I will be able to find some local reddies! :woohoo:

Well I don't have any plans for the long weekend since my job has decided that it would be good for me to fly out on the Sunday to Florida for a month for some knowledge transfer activities and to assist on a project out there. And as a bonus it looks like I might be there for a team building exercise that they are trying to organizing with a game fishing charter :woohoo:Really hope enough of the people over there sign on to it to get it off the ground' date=' 3 have so far and they need 8 or so.[/quote']Bloody Hell......what sort of swanky job do you have then :huh: