Egi's,Squid,Calamari my experiment

well hookers i'm heading out tomorrow for a few hours chasing the above mentioned and i will be trying something different.i have a few soft plastics packets which still have plenty of scent liquids left in them and have condensed them into one pack so i have placed 2 of my "A grade" starter jags in tha fish erotica juices :ohmy: and i'm leaving 2 of the same jags out with no juice's on em to see if these pheromone's work for tha Egi's :unsure: . (they are cloth jags as well for those who are wondering)I will post a report 2murra nite and let ya's all know how i went :) cheers 4THA.

Had plenty of squid come up and attack 5 & 7" jerk shads so id expect it to work well.Use of scents is common for those that are a bit full on with there 'eging'.

Yep GULP juice is the bomb as a squid attractant.On tuff days when the squid are harder to catch, I often catch my squid by switchbaiting them on the gulp 7inch jerkshads. Ie cast out jerkshads until one grabs it, haul it in, switch to yo-zuri and thanks for coming...lolIm yet to soak my jags in it but I could easily just dunk my Yo-zuri in my Bottle of Gulp juice

im back and the result a pityful 4 squid :( I toiled for several hrs only to find 2 pockets of these tentacled terrors and all falling to the cloth version of the oita which was soddenly soaked in power bait juices.On a few occasions 2-3 would inquire but hesitantly/frustratingly wouldn't hit the jag/s the ones that did were on the cast and out further. more research is needed, so i will just have to go out bloody fishing again :woohoo: :woohoo: p.s no silver lining :( HOOKERS :ohmy: .cheers 4THA.

Something to note and a snippet from one of my squid articles:Unlike scale and skin fish squid do not breath by passing water through a gill system, although they do have a singular gill located inside the mantle most oxygen is absorbed directly through the skin as the squids blood passes very close to the outer membrane of the flesh, up to 80% of the squids required oxygen is absorbed in this way, this is why squid die quickly if they cannot get fresh recirculated water, squid ink contains melanin that blocks the pores that sit below the outer membrane reducing the ability of squid to take in oxygen from water. Squid do have scent pits that sit below the eye cavity but as they do not filter water through this gland they are not effective unless the scent is directly placed onto the pits, squid do have ability to taste though, like a human tongue they have glands very similar to taste buds on their candles (longer tentacles). Squid do extend these candles close to a potential food source to check its taste or safe eating properties, this is why many people use scents on egi so that if a squid does extend its candles to taste an egi it is more likely to return to grab the egi in a full embrace.So in short squid dont smell as a general rule and can not detect scent from a distance, but when they extend their candles they will get a taste if they get close enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that useful info Eco' date='Here in Port Augusta we are enjoying a great time with the squid. Plenty of numbers around before the next slime run.[/quote']I am trying to remember what month it was when I was up there last year as the squid where thin & the snot weed abundant! What months generally is the snot weed usually at its worst in PA Swoopa?