Thats no mullet Mars, yea fell for the lure in previous photo(slug). Wasnt the only one either , that one was just one of about half dozen that someone was holding for a photo and i stuck the tape measure there . I reckon i threw back about 4 or 5 as well cozz i just thought they were trouts, till i took some notice! ugh!

Thats no mullet Mars' date=' yea fell for the lure in previous photo(slug). Wasnt the only one either , that one was just one of about half dozen that someone was holding for a photo and i stuck the tape measure there . I reckon i threw back about 4 or 5 as well cozz i just thought they were trouts, till i took some notice! ugh![/quote']I just had another look and it looks like a mullet to me..doesnt look like a tommy ruff thats for sure.. :d/

Nice SAMBO SAMBO..JUST HAD TO BE THE FIRST TO SAY THAT.. :woohoo: Im a salmon slub Noob...so do you need like a 9-10foot stick to throw a 65grammer.I mean what do you think the maximum cast weight i could cast with a 5-9kg 7foot stick would be.Do you think I could cast a 65grammer on my combo.the Pure Fishing website doesnt show what weights each model in the Veritas can cast?MODEL TYPE LENGTH PCE ACTION LINE RATING VERITAS 601SPH SPIN 1.83mtr [6'] 1 Heavy boat 6-10kg VERITAS 661SPM SPIN 2.01mtr [6'6"] 1 Medium boat 4-6kg VERITAS 681SPM SPIN 2.03mtr [6'8"] 1 Medium/rack 3-5kg VERITAS 701SPH SPIN 2.13mtr [7'] 1 Heavy 5-9kg VERITAS 702SPL SPIN 2.13mtr [7'] 2 Light 2-4kg VERITAS 702SWM SPIN 2.13mtr [7'] 2 Medium 4-6kg VERITAS 702SPH SPIN 2.13mtr [7'] 2 Heavy 6-10kg VERITAS 721SPL SPIN 2.18mtr [7'2" 1 Light bream 2-4kg VERITAS 722SPM SPIN 2.18mtr [7'2" 2 Medium 3-5kg VERITAS 590BCMH TRIGGER 1.75mtr[5'9"] 1 Medium/heavy 5-9kg VERITAS 560BCM TRIGGER 1.67mtr [5'6"] 1 Medium 4-6kg VERITAS 560BCH TRIGGER 1.67mtr [5'6"] 1 Heavy 6-10kg

If you are going to run circles on your metal lures just use one, no need for two. Most rods will have the lure rating written on the blank somewhere, if not just attach the weight in question and see how it feels just hanging there, if it seems to be overloading the blank then it's too heavy. Those maria lures look nice but too dear for salmon metals imo, you can get raiders at Big W for half the price and I imagine they'll do the job just as well.

:woohoo: :woohoo: Okay went to Anglers last night and finally got my Mucho's although I got the 35gm BPH (one with pink in it) but was talked into getting a 45grammer as well. Which seems like a good choice as 35gms isnt much casting weight for my 5-9kg sticks. Anyway by buying both patterns, I will be able to test both patterns against each other, although one is slightly bigger than the other in profile. The BLH (Blue sparkly pilly one) I got is the 45grammer, so cant wait to see just how far I can cast this and if the fish think its dinner!!BRING IT ON SALMON!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:PS there is still a few on there shelves but you can see that some patterns are selling out fast. I still want to get a 45grammer with green top of its back so hoping to get that one soon too.!

Nice one UHF see how they go over the weekend.. I dont know if i will be down there sunday as im thinking about wasting my money at the boat show :whistle: .Ive read some feed back on the boat show and it sounds like a waste of money but I still goto go have a look.

just the usuals for me.. Halco slices/twisters in gold/silver some with holes some with lips invarious sizes from 30-60gram, Gillies, Raiders, Lasers and pretty much anything cheap due to the loss rate of salmon slugs. all lures are usually 30-60 gram in a variety of colours from silvers golds to blues and greens. in reality.. a salmon will take anything that moves if its schooling.. ive seen them hooked on snap swivels!

Hi chuckembackStill trying to work out what sort of fish is in your picture IMG_6253.jpg in one of your previous posts (caught at Gunyah Beach). You seem to think it isn't a mullet, but as near as I can tell, it seems to be a Sea (or Bully) Mullet [Mugil cephalus].http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/375937/Sea-Mullet.pdfIf it is, them I'm surprised it went for a lure - although very little is impossible in the world of fishing! ;) Cheersaf

• 2 weeks later...

personally i think salmon will eat just about anything that swims past ive used plenty of different lures diff colours styles all soughts on salmon and i find the $2 chromies to work aswell if not better on some days then the $25 duplex or maria lures as some people call em .In my time i find if they are there then chances are theyll hit pritty much anything you can thrwo at em and get a decent speed on .MM