whats everyone's sharking combos for land based?

TLD 50 spooled with 50lb mono.Penn Senator 14/0 spooled with 80lb mono on a classic Les Butterworth full rollered rod. Bring it out occasionally for a laugh. And to see the look on some people's faces when they see the size of the winch. :clap: Bring on the :sh . Mind you, a caught and released a 7-8ft hammerhead on my little Pflueger Contender G15.

I have a penn senator 9/0 with pretty close to 950m of 50lb mono on a 35kg double roller mallaluka solid glass, and a R&A's diawa 9/0 rod n reel special with as much 50lb mono i could ramm in her, plus a ebay special called a bond we call it a 4.5/0 with 30lb mono on a borrowed backbone.My fav rig i'm usin is 15ft of 350lb wind on leader attached to bout 12ft of telecom rope (to help with controling the head) down to bout 10ft of 1.7mm wire i bought from a rigging store and a cpl of owner 12/0'sI've added a few of my fav pic's of mine and a mates collection of mono... :fishing:

DSC00481.JPG

DSC00482.JPG

fullysikwog wrote:

how much 80 she hold mate?my 12/0 is huge and hurts the arms after a while.caught any decent sharks on her?

Can't remember how many meters it holds, but it's full to the brim and it's a fair bit. Gotta be around 1000m or so ,if not more.Haven't hooked anything on it yet. Had one run on her but no hook up over the years. Sharks must know they'd never have a chance to get away. :lol: Hardly comes out of the cupboard, just too big. :laugh:
fullysikwog wrote:
how much 80 she hold mate?my 12/0 is huge and hurts the arms after a while.caught any decent sharks on her?
Can't remember how many meters it holds' date=' but it's full to the brim and it's a fair bit. Gotta be around 1000m or so ,if not more.Haven't hooked anything on it yet. Had one run on her but no hook up over the years. Sharks must know they'd never have a chance to get away. :lol: Hardly comes out of the cupboard, just too big. :laugh:[/quote']i rekon it be 1500m atleast, i got 1200 of 80 on mine.