Best fish caught by your kids???? (me and my boy are on a mully mission)

What's the best fish your kids have caught???My boy is 6 and has caught some nice bream and STs, but he has been going on about a mully. So since a few mates pulled out, me and him are having a mission :woohoo: When I was his age I caught some monster carp up at Morgan, so it'll be cool if he can knock over a schoolie :clap:We have been.training much of this week lol. We put the couches together, tied a big spoon to the end of the line, and he's in the boat (couches) while I run round the house with the spoon doing mully runs. He's good at the big three.... He just chills out with rod up letting the mully (me :laugh: ) run, then when it stops he pumps and winds like a pro :clap: , then when the.mully is boatside, no more reeling and the fishes head stays in the water :cheer: One last training session tonight and by tomorrow I'll be hanging on to him while he.does it.for real. :woohoo: :woohoo:HE tells me "I don't want to go and watch you catch sea weed like last time dad" :laugh:Well that's our plan anyhow, but plenty of fun to be had gathering live bait and eating chips in between ;)

Hey Great Topic Jack!My first born son got a 5.5lb Salmon off the beach when he was 2. Since then, he's been having a ball. But he's only gone heavier on a couple of species. An 18kilo Banjo Shark and a 6.5kilo Red. My next son, well, he's been fishing since he was a little over 1 1/2. But his best to date is also a 6.5kilo Red.My youngest son, did not like the boat much originally but since I took him out Snapper fishing last year, he's the first on the boat now. His best to date is a 5.8kilo Snapper. No wonder he's hooked!Then there's my youngest. My Daughter loves fishing almost as much as me! The biggest fish she's caught so far is a nice 2.3kilo Red. It makes me laugh these days thinking back when I was their age and was out on the boat with my old man and my grandfather chasing Snapps. For them, a 36cm Red was a great fish. Never did the fish heavy. Since owning my boat, it took me 2 years solid effort to get onto my first decent Red (7kilo) which I caught when I was 36. I just hope these kids of mine take that experience with them forever.

My son (10)has caught all manner of fish species here in SA. From 1kg salmon trout at St Kilda, to squid, gar, crabs, rugger snapper, carp, callop, Silver Perch.But his best achievement was this weekend, when he hooked a nice little Murray cod. Went 63cm on the brag mat. :clap:Posted ImageOne very happy chappy. Always gives me grief when he outfishes me. Cheers.Sam

Hard to believe this story but every word is true!Took one of my sons (14 year old) out in my boat to the Barges on a glorious flat calm late summer evening to try out his new "pretty pink" fishing rod he won on the old Channel Ten News segment where you posted a pic of your fish to win a prize (a Salmon if I remember?)Many moons ago now but some of the guys would remember it?He sat there happily in the berley trail pulling up slimys and Gar to his hearts content :fishing: Now, here's the bit you guys will find hard to swallow,a dark shape suddenly appeared in the back of the trail and before either of us could work it out, a 4 1/2 ft long Hammerhead shark grabbed his tiny hook, with a bit of gar flesh on it and screamed off into the Blue!! Luckily I had primed him on the wonders of a reel drag and he got away with the first run!Here's Dad screaming advice louder than the reel drag and begging him to let me land it for him!He kept at it!A very proud Dad tailed the Shark out about 15 minutes later and boy was it a triumphal entry back home that night!

Posted ImageMe and Ben had a few snacks at the ramp as the sun came up :) Then went for a run down the port and up the north arm to see the ships graveyard :)Posted ImageThen it was time to fish a hole at the mouth of a creek for a mulloway Posted Image Bens rod got a hit, and he did a good job trying to work the fish (I've got a little video of him hooked up to a mulloway taking line :clap: but then because he had been filming the livebait swimming around in the esky :laugh: the phone went dead :laugh:) sadly, we just didn't have enough drag on it, and the fish snagged him up after a couple minutes :( Ben didn't mind though, it was taking to long anyway :laugh: so he promised me the next run :P. Maybe that'll happen next week :laugh:Posted ImageSo great morning out, but the trumpeters in the livebait esky were my boys favourite I think hahaha. Only been out three times together in this boat me and Ben.... Reckon we ought to do it more often.Ps. Not longs after the lost fish, we got, word on the batphone that a mate elsewhere in the port was on a hot snapper bite!!!! 2x 6kg fish. :woohoo: so Ben called that we pull pick and go join the boys ;) we hightailed it out, but could not beat the tide sadly and no more snaps were to be had...the ones caught were beauties though :woohoo: Cant believe how many snaps have come outta the port this year :. Great adventure though today....

@BANGA, my phone was flat, but I've got a few pictures from my mates house of the 99cm fish caught :) again enough meat for two families... My mate is a bloody good fish butcher, got a shot of the carcus too where it looks like a BIG cartoon fish skeleton like TopCat would eat :laugh: haha you had ti work :P. @PRM, I know I've said it before, but little Amy is a champ :) :) she loves her fishies hey. My little girl is 2yrs (Emily) and super keen fisher but since I haven't got a big boat anymore, she hasn't been out...... Yet ;) but.that days not far away