Top 5 Knots You Couldnt Do Without

hey everyone, i was just flipping through Geoff Wilsons knot book and practising some of the knots in it and was just wondering what knots you guys find you go to over and over again? Most of my fishing is your standard bait fishing for whiting and snapper as well as some bread and butter varieties and i think that my most used knots reflect this. i would have to list my 5 knots as follows:1). Locked half blood knot2). Uni Knot3). Double uni knot4). Albright knot5). Centuari Knoti haven't noticed too much difference between the double uni knot and the albright knot although i find the albright easier and faster to tie but feel better when i have a double uni as it just looks less likely to slip to me. i lost a nice barra once when my albright let go however i suspect that i may not have tied it quite right :blush: as i was anxious to get back in on a hot bite. anyway, any advice/opinions would be appreciated.cheers :)

Bimini is to create a double line ( loop ).......... yes for wind on's..........almost 100% strength of breaking strain.......first time is the hardest............a bit like being with ya missus B) In my opinion,"paternoster" is a style of rig rather than a specific knot.....could be wrong though :unsure:

i forgot about snelling hooks but that would be on there as well!

For snelling I have been using this
basic but hasn't let go yet!
reckon the Pommie carp fisho's call that a "knotless knot".....could be wrong though.......definitely another good one that I use for lighter tackle species........mullet,whiting,gar and bream.........quick and easy as you just saw.......single hook only though :)
i noticed alot of people have said the binimi twist' date=' i havent tried that, it looked complicated in the book, is that mainly for wind on leaders or what?[/quote']A mate of mine showed me an easier way to tie the bimini, it involves tieing it with the reel on a rod and using the rod's flex to provide the necessary tension, kind of hard to explain but dead easy when you see it done, will have to try and make a video so I can share it.It is good for wind ons, but the double also provides extra strength when attaching a mainline to a leader.

Locked Half BloodDropper LoopBimini TwistImproved AlbrightPerfection Loop@Plankton. I tie the bimini with the rod in a holder to provide tension where at all possible as it makes life easier. I also finish with a series of half hitches around each leg & then the double as I find it much easier than the traditional pull through. Then attach leader with improved albright.

In no particular order my favourite knots are- Slim Beauty- Longliners Knot- Bimini Twist- Centuri Knot- Lefty's Loop KnotAfter learning "Slim Beauty" for joining a mono leader to braid i'll never use an albright/bimini combo again.Now just use bimini loop for connecting wind-on leaders.