Monster Carp on 7.5lb mono

Went to the local today that i had been givin the heads up , from this site that huge carp in it . Now i really enjoy catching fish , the bigger the better an i'm not really fussed on what species as long as its big . Didn't have much luck chasing Mully's with Jack so mix it up an try fresh water . Was up nice an early and got there before seven . Had a few nibbles before my line started going tight and at first i thought it was a bird catching my line but soon realised that it was going tight in a different direction . My line had a lot of weight to it but it wasn't pulling any drag just tracking slowly right . Then as it got further to the right it started pulling drag . It was a very interesting fight with the fish pulling drag a few times and the line getting caught in some weed under the surface witch would pop every now and then . Twenty minutes went by with me going back and forth along the bank trying to get the fish close enough to net before the fish finally was finally in .IMG_2074Medium.JPGIMG_2079Medium.JPG A passer by was nice enough to take this pcture of a very happy me .IMG_2071Medium.JPG I started this in Fishing footage with the video being uploaded and i will post very soon .

I had been back to this spot a couple of times an had been busted of on 4lb the first time then 6lb then i finally got it on the 7.5lb . Sorry i didn't get the weight i dont carry scales and disposed of it before i had to head home . Wasn't to keen of the smell in the wife's car . They are a stinky fish . While i was there i was told there is definitely two big carp in there from a local who was passing by . I will have to take the scales next time an hope the other is bigger ? The video .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-M57cyKn_A