Landbased trouties with 3.5 year old?

My lil girl has her first Pink fishing rod and she has been waving it around asking when she can use it. Anybody got any hot tips or where I might be able to take her and rustle up some ST's land based safely this arvo?Was thinking the port or West lakes somewhere?

in front of the vitera silos there have been some all u need is a lil pair of gum boots

haha, shed be happy as in gum boots, likes nothing more than putting them on and jumping in puddles!! the joys of being 3 and not a care in the world.Where exactly are these silos?

Hi,The two safest spots I know are:Dotteral Drive West Lakes. Beach and a rocky outcrop at one end. Always heaps of little Bream.Corcoran Drive West Lakes. Near the footbridge. Again there is beach and rocks and Bream. When my oldest son started getting into it we started here as there is no way of falling in. Jetties scare the crap out of me with little kids!Today I took both boys to the souther corner of West Lakes. My youngest son (2), wound in 2 Bream and has the bug too now!Dan C

took my daughter out this morning to bottom of veitch rd Osbourne' date=' a nice session, dropped a few, but she had a good time.[/quote']Doh, that was my other choice!! but since we had our 14 year old silky terrier, we went somewhere quiet, with no one else around. She doesn't like other dogs and I dont want the last memories my daughter has of her dog is that of it getting eaten by someones pet labrador :laugh::laugh: Cant take her anywhere
took my daughter out this morning to bottom of veitch rd Osbourne' date=' a nice session' date=' dropped a few, but she had a good time.[/quote'']Doh, that was my other choice!! but since we had our 14 year old silky terrier, we went somewhere quiet, with no one else around. She doesn't like other dogs and I dont want the last memories my daughter has of her dog is that of it getting eaten by someones pet labrador :laugh::laugh: Cant take her anywhere
Very rarely have I seen dogs at this spot... some ferals, ( hahaha) but no canines...
  • 3 weeks later...

why not head down south oneday go fishing next to the commercial road bridge( nice flat carpark right next to the water) at port noarlunga(onkaparinga river) then when little one gets sick of fishing after 3 minutes you can go to the adventure playground just across the road 30 seconds away........get hungry get a pie from becks bakehouse also couple hundred metres up road in the porties townshipgood time had by all !