Ballooning the bait out

I’m looking at floating out my bait using a balloon to around 150-170m.I have heard that a life saver lolly can be used to dissolve and drop the bait to the sea floor.The information i’m after is if anyone has used this method.How long does it take for the life saver to dissolve for the balloon to let go.

you can also try doubleing the line over on itself blowing your baloon up and put the doubled over line through the knot before you tighten it. cut the rubber ring off. let it float out to your distance then jerk the line really hard a couple times. the loop wiil pull through the knot in the baloon and the bait will fall to the sea bed. works well.

If you must use a lifesaver' date=' could just suspend it in a glass of seawater and time how long it takes to disolve, then just assume less time due to the movement of the sea water.Id use the methed described by Damien, works well :)[/quote']Most methods are easy when on a jetty,but i first need to do a cast over the shore breakers so this is why i think the life saver would be better then having a string that might pull through during a cast.As post 2 said 20-30 mins is ample for me with a off shore breeze .
Most methods are easy when on a jetty' date='but i first need to do a cast over the shore breakers so this is why i think the life saver would be better then having a string that might pull through during a cast. .
Sorry for my ignorance ..but how do you cast a balloon over the breakers or anywhere for that matter? Good luck with that one. :blink::blink::blink:
Most methods are easy when on a jetty' date='but i first need to do a cast over the shore breakers so this is why i think the life saver would be better then having a string that might pull through during a cast. .
Sorry for my ignorance ..but how do you cast a balloon over the breakers or anywhere for that matter? Good luck with that one. :blink::blink::blink:
probably in most cases the evening/night hills offshore breeze does flatten the surf so it should be ok for a short cast to get it moving.