URH at paliament House

10/10 to URH for helping out at the Rally this morning at Parliament House, and giving the talk he did, along with David Parnell and Mark Aldridge :) There was a decent turn-out of 150ish people, with a small convoy of cars and boats too.It may not be eneough to stop this SuperTrawler, but no-one can say we didnt try ;)As others have said, maybe bad timing detracted from the numbers who would have attended otherwise.Another " Well Done " to Jeff who's running with a facebook page regarding the trawlerIt was nice to meet JimboJames, Banga, and Dwayno from The Search for Patagonian Toothfish too, apart from the guys I already know.

Thanks Brent it was fantastic to see the strike hookers turn up for such an important cause! To have some good mates their standing up for what they believe in was very inspirational. YES we are not going to let this one fish and ruin our future, our kids future and their kids future for many years to come.My brother put up a post that points out that Jack Mackeral are getting close to depletion around the world as these super trawlers have demolished their populations. These are a staple of many countries and without these things are getting bad.If we dont stop this ship Graham Keegan from the SMA is right in that more trawlers are set to rock up and fish us dry!So to all GET UP IF you see a rally/protest organised in the near future (ie the next one) and STAND UP FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND FISH!How was the passion behind the two members of Parliment that followed me. Mark Aldridge went off. You could tell he was mega pissed (excuse the language)