Daiwa Manual's p*ssed off

I think you will find they are made for the Japanese market only, which is a huge market and the distributors here in Australia bring them in as they know theres also a market here for them. Hence they were never made for other counties thats why they only have all the writing in Japaneseif you look at the reels made for export, there instruction are in many languagesanother thing to remember is these "Top O The Line" reels are factory sealed and shouldn't need taking apart, I've owned a few now for over 4 years and never had the need to undo anything, just wash under fresh water and spray with inox, and i fish up to 2 times a week so my reels have had a good workoutmost Tackle shops also don't take these reels apart, as special tools are required, they send them to Daiwa Aust for servicesand last but not leastWHO READS INSTRUCTIONS ANYWAY :icon_lol: :icon_e_wink:cheers chuck

Chucky, the reel is an australian number and not a jap market import as the 5 year warranty card is in english. ::)I spoke to Daiwa today and was told they sell these reels all over the world but only offer a Japanese instruction manual. Was told that this is there normal position and that only a few manuals are in english but not the good stuff apparently.there stand, stiff shit apparently :(@ Grumpy, yep they got pics but if you can figure it out, do tell. size=800http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/1yzxsTjl__DSC00978_800x600.JPG[/img]

I don't think you really care about the manual, but instead, I recon you just wanted to show off that you've got a Saltiga! :icon_e_surprised:All ya really need is a good interpreter, and all MY top end Daiwa reels came with an interpreter! Yours didn't? ???Here, let me help out there: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd there's many many more!!! ;D ;D ;D

its reel easy put it on your rod and turn handle. I don't know why this would be such a big problem. If Ya need a manual to learn how to use a fishing real you got more problems than not having a manual.

HA!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:BTW Ian ya got a Jap Model there, Aussie Saltigas Are RED! (probably come with jap manuals to tho!)It should serve ya well and ya wont need a translation....

I have heaps of japanese bosses at work, hence a few spare translators With nothing better to do (except looking hot in tight pants). If you send me the reel and the manual I should be able to get it translated and send the manual back. Just wondering what species I'd be able to catch with my new reel? Does it come with braid or mono? What is the line capacity?

I have heaps of japanese bosses at work, hence a few spare translators With nothing better to do (except looking hot in tight pants). If you send me the reel and the manual I should be able to get it translated and send the manual back. Just wondering what species I'd be able to catch with my new reel? Does it come with braid or mono? What is the line capacity?

Take a karma point for that one! I'd give more, but apparently ya can only give one per hour, and with my memory span there's no chance of gettin more later!

HA!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:BTW Ian ya got a Jap Model there, Aussie Saltigas Are RED! (probably come with jap manuals to tho!)It should serve ya well and ya wont need a translation....

@ Yak I still wonder if that's correct as the box had an Australian warranty card in it?@ kayakfisher :P:P :PI like my daiwa stuff but my point is this. Here we have a large foreign company that sells a mountain of stuff in this country and doesn’t comply with our laws and doesn’t give a toss about them apparently.As under Australian trade practices act everything sold in Australia must have clear instructions/manuals, In English.Now I know how to use a fishing reel as well as the next bloke.BUTIf you brought a camera/computer program/ PS3 game/whatever that didn’t come with English instructions, so you couldnt understand how it worked or certain functions about it you might get miffed as well. But it’s ok to buy a fishing reel that doesn’t, and in the process does not comply with our laws.Go figure ???

True Ian, Dunphy Sport does a a great job of ensuring all Shimano reels have an english manual or atleast an english section in the manual, be nice if all reels were like this!Ranger (OOPS, I mean IAN): Perhaps i should have been clearer; YES I AM SURE that is a JAPANESE MODEL; all blue Saltigas are. Australian Saltigas are RED. They only came out this season. The Australian warranty card is Provided by Daiwa Australia. It would be correct to assume Daiwa Australia dont consider Australian tackle buyers when they produce thier top end japanese manuals.Daiwa have english manuals for most reels, like procasters, regals, regal baitrunners, sol, advantage, tierra,saltists, steeze but there are definatley a few gaps, especially with the stuff that they mostly only sell in Japan like certate and saltiga, hopefully this will improve... ;)

Ranger: Perhaps i should have been clearer; YES I AM SURE that is a JAPANESE MODEL; all blue Saltigas are. Australian Saltigas are RED. They only came out this season. The Australian warranty card is Provided by Daiwa Australia.

Huh? ???I was just givin a karma point to kayakfisher fro tryin to score himself a free reel from Ian!

I don't think you really care about the manual, but instead, I recon you just wanted to show off that you've got a Saltiga! :icon_e_surprised:All ya really need is a good interpreter, and all MY top end Daiwa reels came with an interpreter! Yours didn't? ???Here, let me help out there: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd there's many many more!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ranger, can they be our pit crew for the classic :-* :P :-* :P
  • 1 month later...