So about two weeks ago i was having a little fish at the mouth of the onka, as i was walking back towards the footbridge i bumped into an English bloke and his two young boys who had just bought a little starter kit so the boys could have a fish. The bloke asked if i knew how to set the rod up as he had no idea what he was doing. Of course i stopped to give him a hand. After setting up a little running sinker rig and chopping up a few bits of pillie for them i checked out what they had in the starter pack, obviously it was pretty crap so i got my tackle box out and donated a few swivels, hooks and sinkers to them to get them started. They were very happy and i hope the fella will keep taking his boys fishing and continue learning how to enjoy our sport. I believe fishing is a great way to teach the kids how to appreciate the beautiful place we are fortunate to live.Unfortunately..... in all the good deed doing i have left my whole tackle box there with them when i walked off. Completely my own fault which makes it just a little bit worse!! I suppose the financial cost isn't huge but there is just years of accumulated hooks, swivels, clips and just general bits and bobs which are essentials and i'm just a bit gutted as it will take ages to build it all back up again (though an excellent excuse for a shopping trip)If anyone knows the bloke, has heard anything or in the unlikely event that he might be reading this i'd really appreciate my stuff back, all i know is that he was English, had two youngish sons and said he'd only emigrated a few months ago.

Might be a dumb question but have you rung the christies police station,also maybe ring some of the local tackle shops and he may keep going back to try to find you ,lets hope that he appreciated what you have done for him and is probably as eager as you to return your gear .

So about two weeks ago i was having a little fish at the mouth of the onka' date=' as i was walking back towards the footbridge i bumped into an English bloke and his two young boys who had just bought a little starter kit so the boys could have a fish. The bloke asked if i knew how to set the rod up as he had no idea what he was doing. Of course i stopped to give him a hand. After setting up a little running sinker rig and chopping up a few bits of pillie for them i checked out what they had in the starter pack, obviously it was pretty crap so i got my tackle box out and donated a few swivels, hooks and sinkers to them to get them started. They were very happy and i hope the fella will keep taking his boys fishing and continue learning how to enjoy our sport. I believe fishing is a great way to teach the kids how to appreciate the beautiful place we are fortunate to live.Unfortunately..... in all the good deed doing i have left my whole tackle box there with them when i walked off. Completely my own fault which makes it just a little bit worse!! I suppose the financial cost isn't huge but there is just years of accumulated hooks, swivels, clips and just general bits and bobs which are essentials and i'm just a bit gutted as it will take ages to build it all back up again (though an excellent excuse for a shopping trip)If anyone knows the bloke, has heard anything or in the unlikely event that he might be reading this i'd really appreciate my stuff back, all i know is that he was English, had two youngish sons and said he'd only emigrated a few months ago.[/quote']Good on you for helping out that fella, but sorry to hear you left your tackle box behind. For what it's worth, I've got a stack of lead here at home and a few different types of sinker moulds, so I'd be more than happy to knock you up a batch of a few different type of sinkers to kick start you off in filling up your new tackle box. PM me if you're keen and let me know what type you would like as I'm happy to help out a fellow fisho.

Rotare, thanks heaps for the offer mate, much appreciated. My wonderful wife has just presented me with a $100 voucher for BCF so this will def get me back out fishing again. I'll try asking the guys at Anglers choice see if anythings been handed in there. To ease the pain my mate took me out on his boat on Tuesday to the barges and i landed my first ever snapper which went 55cms so i was pretty stoked with that!!!

Rotare' date=' thanks heaps for the offer mate, much appreciated. My wonderful wife has just presented me with a $100 voucher for BCF so this will def get me back out fishing again. I'll try asking the guys at Anglers choice see if anythings been handed in there. To ease the pain my mate took me out on his boat on Tuesday to the barges and i landed my first ever snapper which went 55cms so i was pretty stoked with that!!![/quote']your good deed was just rewarded!

congrats mate on the good deed.. if you need a few plastics i got some spares flaoting around. mostly in small sizes. also got a good supple of larger hooks 3/0s mostly if you want a few. cant help with much else.. im based in West Adelaide. a few of the lads on here helped me out when i had my tackle bag stolen from my car after it was broken into.. i lost a couple grands worth of lures plastics reels and spools.. so happy to help out a lil bit if i can!