Rockfish leader line.

I bought rockfish leader line (6lb) as a reccomended product from a very experianced bream fisho..for the life of me i cant get it to knot properly..it always slips...i have probably tried 10-15 times to get a knot to hold..but no success.I end up using jinkai (6lb) instead that i find knots very easily first time every time.has anyone else had problems with rockfish ? or is there a certain knot that suits it that i should get on.Cheers.

Hey,tryhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1M2jqksXe8 that should hold. If it still slips, you can 8-knot the remaining 'stray' line onto your leader some distance from the hook and put a small split-shot under or over the eight. There really shouldn't be any sliding after that.Alternatively, you can use ahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZgNUi-j6Po hoop your hook through the bottom 'stray' after binding the knot and attach it, either to your leader or to the top 'stray'.I do hope this helps - where there's a line, there's a knot :silly:

Love that double uni for ease of tying in the boat, or if it's windy or you've had a few drinks with cold hands or a combination of all those conditions!!!The five turn surgeons knot is also easy, as long as the leader isn't too long. I also find I have a lot more confidence in the improved albright over the original. It seems to hold a lot better an doesn't slip. Lots of knots are good to tie at home, but can be a bastard when on the water with cold hands or a wind blowing, which can lead to knot failure.

+1 for the slim beauty if tied properly never had one go, have used it on tuna at wedge, mullies here, Gts n queenies in darwin and it has performed beautifully every time, as well as sliding thru the guides nicely even with heavier braid and leader.