This Years Boat Show

• 3 weeks later...

Well took time of to check out this year's deal & found the boat show is getting smaller. The organisers have partitioned of about quarter of the pavillion so it didn't look too empty, even then there was empty areas. Tri was giving the Hummingbird & Lowrance guys a hard time,4THA couldn't care less & HSV got more work out of it B)

Last year I went to the Whitworths sale instead. 25% off store wide' date='inc sale items, I was a kid in a candy shop.I asked at the counter if they held the sale to spite the show promoters, all I got was "is there a boat show on?" :laugh::laugh: hopefully its on again this year!!![/quote']I thought it was 15%...Same as this year.
Last year I went to the Whitworths sale instead. 25% off store wide' date='inc sale items' date=' I was a kid in a candy shop.I asked at the counter if they held the sale to spite the show promoters, all I got was "is there a boat show on?" :laugh::laugh: hopefully its on again this year!!![/quote'']I thought it was 15%...Same as this year.
You thought right JM, it's 15% unless Ale knows something that we don't know :P

Was shit house I recall nanas cross stitching and knitting fete's being more xciting as a kid ;) Can't even recall seeing binks marine there :dry: normally I dun mind avin a peek at their wares,unless I missed a section :blink: Got lots of stubby holders and stickers for the kids :woohoo: Walked past the fishsa stand, oops sorry dorsal fin Poor service from Pacific marine whilst tryin to help Tri hull out, was waiting for Moggy to blow his top, blatant ignorance until " how much $$ was mentioned" ;) I did enjoy my apple from the canteen however ,oops no I didn't $2 .50 for a single :c apple gimme a break Still worth a look if you gotz 15 bob to waste Thanks 4THA

Last year I went to the Whitworths sale instead. 25% off store wide' date='inc sale items' date=' I was a kid in a candy shop.I asked at the counter if they held the sale to spite the show promoters, all I got was "is there a boat show on?" :laugh::laugh: hopefully its on again this year!!![/quote'']I thought it was 15%...Same as this year.
You thought right JM, it's 15% unless Ale knows something that we don't know :P
Well, after all, I am a fishermen, so Im entitlied to lie or exagerate arnt I? :blush::blush: Is there a Fish SA stand there? Might go just to catch up with old Mate ANZ, Im sure I wouldnt be the only one keen to say Hi :laugh::laugh:

40% bigger, we'll some one failed mathsWhat a waste of time and of $30 for two,of usWent there hopping to have a look at a elite 4m plotter of which I ended up getting at whitworth @15% less and there was bugger all thereLess boats, gone are the days when you went to the boat show and there were several pavilions and large boats, and heaps of stands and gearLast one for me, and after been ripped off , should have been $5 and they even ran out of advertiser bags at 3Will go to whitworth instead, they probably made a killing, it was packed Ah we'll, live and learn

40% bigger' date=' we'll some one failed mathsWhat a waste of time and of $30 for two,of usWent there hopping to have a look at a elite 4m plotter of which I ended up getting at whitworth @15% less and there was bugger all thereLess boats, gone are the days when you went to the boat show and there were several pavilions and large boats, and heaps of stands and gearLast one for me, and after been ripped off , should have been $5 and they even ran out of advertiser bags at 3Will go to whitworth instead, they probably made a killing, it was packed Ah we'll, live and learn[/quote']I went to whitworths twice, packed both times.... And both times it was free :)Sambo

I was lucky enough to get free tickets so decided to go. Even found a park on the street adjacent the main entrance. So far all good & FREE.The main interest appeared to be around the new "Extreme" plate aluminum boats made in New Zealand. Seemed to be made really well looking at the welding & so on but the design could be improved a fair bit in my opinion in comparison to my mates self designed & built plate boat. Of course they advised they can custom build to your specs but I would imagine for significantly more dollars than you could build here.The best part for me was catching up with colleagues from Pacific Marine, Micks Winch & Dorsal Fin.As said before, Whitworths was far superior with their discount.General fishing gear for sale was very average & if serious about buying good quality gear I think you would get a better deal at a tackle store.Overall very, very disappointing with the number of suppliers or lack of & certainly not value for money. Anyway I was happy as it was free for me.

Guys HELP PLEASE,went today and saw a ripper of a boat. It was directly across from the cafe area, it was an ally hull, huge boat, 225 yammmy on the back, sealed cabin with all amenities such as sink and stove inside the cabin. Huge fishing area and you could actually get in the boat without permission. Kinda looked a bit like a bar crusher but wasn't one. Please help its really killing me. What make was it?? retail was 129,900.

Guys HELP PLEASE' date='went today and saw a ripper of a boat. It was directly across from the cafe area, it was an ally hull, huge boat, 225 yammmy on the back, sealed cabin with all amenities such as sink and stove inside the cabin. Huge fishing area and you could actually get in the boat without permission. Kinda looked a bit like a bar crusher but wasn't one. Please help its really killing me. What make was it?? retail was 129,900.[/quote']