Meat grinder for burley

I did the rounds of all the Cash convertors stores, got myself a garden mulcher for $60. Works a treat, makes a nice mess but easy to clean and chops through anything fishy. Just have to make sure you get one with a metal body and one with a big enough opening ( or removable entry )mine is a Talon, made easy work of 6 SBFT frames on one sunny afternoon :)

I picked one up from Harris Scarfes last catalogue, electric, very gutsy, was 60% off think i paid around 80 bucks.EDIT- This one. They pop up in the catalogues every so oftenhttp://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/electrical/kitchen-appliances/mixers-%26-food-processors/tuscany-meat-grinder-tu112s/p/460934

I started with a hand meat grinder but soon upgraded to a second hand garden mulcher from cash converters ($60). It really scales up production and you can put through big pieces and whole whiting heads. I usually freeze all my heads guts and frames as well as squid offcuts and crab shell, then make up a 10kg to 15kg batch every month or two. These are then frozen in 1kg blocks that fit in my burley pot.

Another option to a garden mulcher, albiet on a smaller scale and probably slightly less effective is to use a kitchen food processer / blender (or whatever they are called). I picked one up that had steel blades (some have plastic blades) for $5 from an op shop and I've blended up all sorts of left over baits, fish frames, old squid and cockles and frozen the mix into old ice cream and milk containers. Works for me for the volume of burley I use.

Hi , If you have access to 3 phase power and you live South I can mince berley for you.I have an old style butchers mincer that will do the job I do NOT want to sell it though.perhaps if there are more fishers that would like to get together and have a mince up day I will be all for it.