Half Dead Seal On Largs Beach

Some might have seen this on the fishing facebook groups but a large seal has been attached by a :sh and has washed up right next to the jetty, it is still alive and being cared for by some greenies and a ranger as far as I understand.1393501_10153320762505142_1949852333_n.jpgFellow sharkers prepare your lines, it's gonna be a good season. But this was probably the work of Freddy the GW and I wouldn't wish to be within a 10km radius of him.CH

Don't think he would have made it away if it was a white..

Not necessarily' date=' I"ve watched those shark docos and plenty get away,even humans have been mauled and survived ,even that guy the other week.I did some research and the great Whites hunting success ratio is approx 48%,which is actually very high amongst predators.Although when they get it right the results are devastating.Especially with humans as we arent perfectly adapted to the aquatic environment like seals.Who can ever forget Rodney foxes horrific but lucky encounter.article-2027248-0D7801A000000578-461_468x6511.jpg

Yea i remember on the news a couple of years back at the head of the bight a great white chasing a seal and the irony of it was the seal was behind the great white so he couldnt see where it was , quite funny actually ,Those are pretty savage cuts to that animal ,my sister told me theres one that hangs out at the cove quite often might be the same one maybe .

Just because that seal is on the beach here does not necessarily mean it was attacked anywhere near (not saying it isn't thoug). Sealions travel 100s of K and and many days out so he might not have had the puff to make it back to his colony. His colony does not even have to be in this gulf.