Plastics at night

Luke is spot on fish can see,smell and sense through elec. impulse at night especially nocturnal hunters. Water carries all these smells and movements more easilly than air thats why sharks can smell from kms away and whales can pinpoint sounds 100kms away.By adding scent to lures and giving extra movement u can catch fish in pitch black areas, slow down retrieves for better success making sure it bumps into the sand to produce seabed distubance .The rule with colours is dark on overcast and bright on sunny days.The fish will see a dark sillouette against night sky easier than bright colours due to limited light reflection bouncing of reflective colours making object blend in to surroundings and obscuring line definitions of lure this is why fish are bright in colour naturally for this reason.And most of the fish out hunting will be the bigger of the species as the little fish have less chance of seeing the hunter from a greater distance for escape which is a bonus for us!! I only know this stuff by reading alot of fishing publications covering alot of these type of subjects its the best way to learn. cheers snake

Have to disaggree Brooksey been in situations were one lure has outfished other lures being fished at same time and once changing to same lure started to reap rewards. Depends on what fish ya target to how successful u are.Proving a change of lure or bait can mean the difference of success or failure.Of course it comes down to personnal preference and what works for u.

Was reading this post and decided to have a crack at it.So with a 4" lime tiger just like WB mentioned i hit the onk with one of my bream sticks and on - YES- the first cast hooked up on a little school mully just after dark. Not a lot of action after that but still a bit of fun for a tuesday night,and yes soft plastics i suppose do work at night.just a quick snap shot before his return.MPV. size=500http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/ZHWTquZ2__NIGHT.jpg[/img]

forgot to mention the plastic was also a dark gray colour so they dont have to be bright either

fish can see,smell and sense through elec. impulse at night especially nocturnal hunters. Water carries all these smells and movements more easilly than air thats why sharks can smell from kms away and whales can pinpoint sounds 100kms away.By adding scent to lures and giving extra movement u can catch fish in pitch black areas, slow down retrieves for better success making sure it bumps into the sand to produce seabed distubance .The rule with colours is dark on overcast and bright on sunny days.The fish will see a dark sillouette against night sky easier than bright colours due to limited light reflection bouncing of reflective colours making object blend in to surroundings and obscuring line definitions of lure this is why fish are bright in colour naturally for this reason.And most of the fish out hunting will be the bigger of the species as the little fish have less chance of seeing the hunter from a greater distance for escape which is a bonus for us!!

I must admit that I haven't used plastics much at night, but I had a far better fisherman than myself once inform me not to overlook even black lures at night!Coming from a well known identity who produces results and has fished around the country, I felt no need to question this! Have I tried it myself yet?........nope!

G"day guys,I have caught both Mulloway and Bream on lures at night,in fact the only time I ever chased Butteries on lures has been at night.If its any help the colours that have worked are HBs..Silver belly with either a black or blue backGoldAnd Green back/ Chartuse belly Nismaster invincible has been a good colour pattern.In SPs ..Pink has worked,but I must confess never fished much at night with sp, but use to get a few mullies on the pink vibrotails off the Torrens island Bridge .And I know people who have done well using the Pink killer Tomato colour in the Onk.But do agree with Snake,some nights they prefer a different colour over another,one night my brother landed a 89 cm fish on gold ,then not long after got smoked.It was the only gold one we had and after it was lost tried all different colours without a touch,but the gold got nailed twice.Cheers

Was reading this post and decided to have a crack at it.So with a 4" lime tiger just like WB mentioned i hit the onk with one of my bream sticks and on - YES- the first cast hooked up on a little school mully just after dark. Not a lot of action after that but still a bit of fun for a tuesday night,and yes soft plastics i suppose do work at night.just a quick snap shot before his return.MPV.

well heres your proof that they work... lol ;D ;D