Getting closer to the 40cm...

Saturday was successful as I fished West Lakes for salmon trout. Managed to land 7 nice sized st's around 30-38cm. Hooked a couple of undersized KGW aswell and on the last cockle, I landed a 38cm bream.  :P

PC060146.jpg

PC060154.jpg

On Sunday, I hit up Garden Island with a few yakers just for a meet and greet session, a yak was lended to me by a mate. We paddled along mangroves, casting pilly chuncks right up against fallen trees. In the first few minutes of fishing, we caught some tiny salmon trout until my rod buckled over and I was onto something decent! It screamed towards the mangroves but luckily I got it out before it could snap me off on 6lb leader. In the net it goes and it ended up to be a 38cm bream! :) 

PC060163.jpg

We decided to move spots as it slowed down heaps. Paddling along the mangroves, I spot a promising snag, first cast at it, I get smashed by a big bream! It was an absolute stonker as I saw him rise up but unfortunately it snapped me off under a snag within seconds. 
Spewing but they weren't shy to come back out! They were just sitting up against the snag so I tied another hook and casted in the exact same spot. Straight away, another bream took it! After a long fight dodging snags and structure, I get it in the net. This one looked bigger than the others so it had to be a PB. 
But of course... It had to be 1cm under 40cm.. At least it's a new PB bream at 39cm. Stokeeedddd!  :D  :D  :D

PC060173.jpg

After that, the fish slowed down so we just had fun catching tiny st. We decided to call it a day around lunch time. It was a great experience.  ^_^

Yet another very enjoyable report mate, always look forward to your weekend fishing fix.

Some big bream in amongst the sticks near GI, can't wait til I get my tinny in the next week or so so I can explore them further.

Though I have given up on the boardwalk at Garden Island, I think it is just too overfished, sometimes you will spot a horse or two poking around underneath.

Keep at it Alex, you will get your 40 soon, and congrats on the 39cm PB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get out for a Xmas fish mate.

I snuck out early this morning for a flick and nailed a 39er, which is a decent Xmas pressie to myself.

On the trusty Z-Man grub again, this time in watermelon red.

And now I have a boat, the search will be on to beat my 42cm PB, just need to do some more recon in the Port system.

Hope you and your family have a great Xmas and a safe and happy new year full of PBs.

Hope you get out for a Xmas fish mate.

I snuck out early this morning for a flick and nailed a 39er, which is a decent Xmas pressie to myself.

On the trusty Z-Man grub again, this time in watermelon red.

And now I have a boat, the search will be on to beat my 42cm PB, just need to do some more recon in the Port system.

Hope you and your family have a great Xmas and a safe and happy new year full of PBs.

Thanks Tinker, Merry christmas to you too. 

That's a good sized breambo! Did you hit the Pat? 

Good luck beating the 42cm beast ;) You'll get one now that you have a boat, I suggest you should try the Gawler River. Heard of absolute monsters caught from there!