Did a short video on tying a twisted dropper loop. I find it's good for stopping your hook links from tangling around the main line for paternoster rigs.

Because its quite stiff if can also be used with the 'drop shotting' technique I wrote up about before, particularly if you put some heat-shrink tube over the twisted dropper-hook connection.

I have been using twisted droppers, both single and double for bottom bashing and singles in the surf for a while now and have had no issues. I have been using the larger (7/0 and 8/0) gamakatsu circle hooks with these set ups and they work a treat. Like Kelvin, I only use these on heavier traces. I find I can use 60lb twisted where as I would otherwise have used 80lb with a non twisted dropper. They hang in there a bit longer on the Nannies, (Bight red fish) as well. Combined with a star sinker with a swivel built in, I get a lot less tangles in the surf.