cheap waders... Where to get them?

Hornes last a lifetime if your one of these fisherman that does a once a year salmon or mulloway trip, use them 3 times a week and they wont last long at all.

my neighbour has worn the same horne waders for the last 15 years fishing off metro beaches and has only ever broken a buckle.....if you look after them theres no reason why they should fail

Thanks for the responses everyone... Maybe a bit more expensive would be an idea -seeing as I'll have them for a long time to come....

Hornes last a lifetime if your one of these fisherman that does a once a year salmon or mulloway trip, use them 3 times a week and they wont last long at all.

I'd most likely use them 1-2 a week...

is that for those wet weather redfin session mate ?? ::)

Sure would be ;)Cheers

Maybe you dont know anyone who actually fishes(wears them) more than twice a week. i'm not the only one who has had the problems with them and you know that, Daves had his back through the shop twice and once direct. one of those through a mishap the rest is wearing out.Ive seen supposed measured to size ones that clearly had to much leg in them wear out from bunching up and then going back getting patched and then patch wear out in less than a month. Mine keeps leaking through the seams even after being repaired.Its all good that they will repair, but while theyre away getting repaired do you get a loan pair? no!Dont get me wrong, theyre "GREAT!!" "IF" you dont "FISH(wears)" alot.The cheaper shakespere ones i had never started to leak as quick as my hornes did. The main problem with them is they delaminate.I'd go the cheapies if your not going to use them alot. you can get 3 pairs to one of the hornes.

Jupiter I am not seeing how you and someone you know both have had problems with them. My partner's uncles cousin (i know its a mouthful) operates on a tuna harvesting boat in Port Lincoln and they exclusively use Hornes Waders. Now he has had his waders for 16 years and he has sent them back 0 times. The whole crew uses them all without any problems. So I am not to sure if you had a bad batch or what the story is but I also own a pair. had mine for a year No problems what so ever. So maybe just maybe you were unlucky but two pairs in 1000 isnt bad odds if you ask me.

I don't care what it costs me but the next pair of waders i buy will keep me dry and warm no matter what as well as last a minimum 4 salmon seasons. i was sold a 70 dollar pair of shakespeare waders barely 6 months ago and i am less than impressed at the fact they no longer keep me dry. they have de-laminated around the top of the boot, knees and crotch. ya also have to wear something under them to stop the top of the boot wearing a hole in your calves.Do 'neoprene'(wetsuit type) waders keep you dry? and can you get them with a solid? boot coz i did like the boot and sole of the cheapies.i think if ya just using them to flick around in fresh water they may suit your needs but if ya want something to cope with a bit of rough and tumble you may need to spend more than 70 bucksalways Keen

Best boots are on hornes, theyre proper rubber blundstone boots with awesome sole. cheaper ones have good sole but hardalmost plastic boots.Neoprene if a good pair are waterproof, but very hot when its warm and they have a down right dangerous sole. Think of the old surfer joe thongs, thats the type of sole they have, scary in the mud.

I wear hornes thigh boots. Im on my 2nd pair because I trash them through blackberries and other hard country. I have hiked kilometres and kilometres in them. My current pair now have a small leak in the bottom of the boot.That said i will buy a new pair soon beacuse i know that with the punishment I'll give em hornes last the longest and are good value for money. Oh and I dont sell em so i pay retail, and they are still worth it.

Someone may be able to help me on here but I have never owned waders and I am very keen to purchase some. Although i'm at uni and have no money :) money is not an issue as i believe in buying right the first time. Now the issue preventing me so far... I have size 15 feet :) can they actually be purchased that big? If not, as long as they are quality i don't mind paying extra. I doubt anyone will be able to help me as a size 15 shoe is hard enough to buy as it is :) I might just have to brave the freezing water in winter.Cheers Tom

@statesquiderThey are available. Talk to the guy at your local tackle store (a site sponsor would be good) and I am sure they will be able to help you. I had a special order done for a guy last week size 13 boots Xlarge body and extended length shoulder straps and we had them in store at Wallaroo in 2 days. If you are on a budget you could alway Lay-by a pair of waders as most tackle stores provide this customer service.If any of you have a problem getting odd size let me know as we have stock of Medium and Large body size Horne's Waders.Horne's also do a cheaper imported wader called Seal Bay and these are good value for money. Spotter Compleat Angler Wallaroo & Moonta

Just as I'll always have Plano, I'll always have Hornes. Have a pair of waders that have gone the distance and were replaced when I had a tear in them in a place other than the seem. Admittedly it was a longtime ago and under the same circumstances maybe a little harder to do. I also have a pair of thigh boots for creeks, wading type fishing, and boat launching/retreiving. Locally made and quality product.The other benefit of them is the fact that because they are local u can source items for them quickly by going direct. I've heard of some horror stories of people waiting weeks for replacent items / waders from the likes of shakspeare etc.Word or warning too THEY HAVE MOVED & ARE NOW IN WINGFIELD I think the shop may still be in Prospect but I'm not certain so a call to check would be a good idea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After having trouble with my 'seal bay' waders, I got myself a pair of proper hornes B) The quality is obvious and I've very happy I've upgraded. So I'm another person that will tell anyone to go for them first up - not dick around with cheapos :dry: The folks at the Anglers Choice were great about it as well and gave me a credit towards proper hornes when I took the cheapos in to be repaired.

MarsOne wrote:

After having trouble with my 'seal bay' waders, I got myself a pair of proper hornes B) The quality is obvious and I've very happy I've upgraded. So I'm another person that will tell anyone to go for them first up - not dick around with cheapos :dry: The folks at the Anglers Choice were great about it as well and gave me a credit towards proper hornes when I took the cheapos in to be repaired.

same deal with me with the hornes... cant remeber what i had before them, but they wore the horne label...cost me 79 bucks, and lasted 3 days....i took them back to where i got them, and sent an email off to hornes.within 3 hrs, i got a phone call from them.saying they were not made by hornes.thats fine.. i said they wore the hornes lable, and if they thought they were good enougn to put the lable on them, they were sorribly mistaken.2 days later, when they had viewed the torn waders, an offer was made for an extra 50 bucks, i could upgrade to a full custom sized pair of genuime hornes.so i jumped at that.which was still a saving of around 50 bucks on what the custom sized were.the boots were like wearing slippers...SOOOO comfy.til i split the seam on the side of the boots.hornes replaced the boots free of charge.lasted 2 mths...split in the same place on the boot...hornes yet again replaced them with new boots, but this time went with a real chunky heavy duty style...which suits the sharp rocks a lot better.they are worn 3-5 times a week somtimes, and 18mths later, are still kicking arse over any other pair of waders ive owned.THANK YOU HORNES... YOU HAVE ME AS A CUSTOMER AGAIN WHEN I GET A BIT MORE ROTUND AND THEY WONT FIT ME :laugh: always pays to buy quality rather than cheap.