the weekend that wasnt

well just got back from the river weather awsom fishing crap only one undersize callop and one monster carp to write about.but that wouldnt make for much of a post would it.whiles i was cruizing the river i noticed a buzzing sound coming from my outboard and after stopping for a short fish 000000 fish we whent toleave and the outboard stated fine but coughed and spluttered and would not gain revs with the buzzing sound seeming louder,,it appears to come from the fuel pump (i have 000 technical knowlage of anything with a motor) so a couple of ks on the lecky with a whinging missis and kids...then the next mon being today i thought :censored: it im gonna plut and splutter my way to a fishing spot and low and behold motor runs fins no weird sounds and smooth as ??? ??? ??? ???then i get home and find my front door wide open and on further inspection i find my back window has been smashed and all my fishing rods are gone as is my power tools and hand tools all unpacked and put inside so they would be safe while i was away. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: low life pricks bad enough you take a blokes tools but to take his fishing rods to .hissy. .hissy.so not only can i not work i cant fish either :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: as i stated its the weekend that wasnt meant to be .....

Thats a cruel hand youve been dealt Carrps.Hope for you that your insurance does the right thing and it all goes through without any hassles /glitches and turns out for the best.As for the culprits,fair chance they wont get caught with your stuff,,but the bright side is those type people eventually get Karma come around and bite them tenfold.Those type people get involved in bad scenes,normally stealing for drugs,hang around other criminals ect,and eventually end up getting caught /bashed/end up ODing or in jail.Its a horrible world at times and the more of this type filth getting removed from society the better.

I hope your insurance policy includes coverage for sporting goods and tools of trade.Wouldn't hurt to give us all a short list of the fishing gear also, as there's plenty of us here and there's always a small chance one of us might spot someone trying to sell secondhand goods!

oh forgot to mention the "Buzzing" from your out board could have been the "overheating buzzer" if you got weed on your water intake and the motor got a little hot the buzzer will sound some motors even drop the revs right down so you can't hurt anythingthe weed could have dropped of your skeg and thats why it was fine the next day, just a thought anywaycheers chuck

• 2 weeks later...

well just got back from the river weather awsom fishing crap only one undersize callop and one monster carp to write about.but that wouldnt make for much of a post would it.whiles i was cruizing the river i noticed a buzzing sound coming from my outboard and after stopping for a short fish 000000 fish we whent toleave and the outboard stated fine but coughed and spluttered and would not gain revs with the buzzing sound seeming louder,,it appears to come from the fuel pump (i have 000 technical knowlage of anything with a motor) so a couple of ks on the lecky with a whinging missis and kids...then the next mon being today i thought :censored: it im gonna plut and splutter my way to a fishing spot and low and behold motor runs fins no weird sounds and smooth as ??? ??? ??? ???then i get home and find my front door wide open and on further inspection i find my back window has been smashed and all my fishing rods are gone as is my power tools and hand tools all unpacked and put inside so they would be safe while i was away. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: low life pricks bad enough you take a blokes tools but to take his fishing rods to .hissy. .hissy.so not only can i not work i cant fish either :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: as i stated its the weekend that wasnt meant to be .....

Sheeeeeese what a disaster :o Dont suppose anything was insured, even so, there is some things you just cant replace, hope things got better.. :)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune carps, a real kick in the pants.however that's the sign of the times nowdays and if one voices stronger deterents than the do-gooders pop up with one can't do this and can't do that but off course it does not happen to them. :thumb:

well the insurance company has made good and bad out of this they have agreed to cover all fishing gear ;D ;D but hears one to check ya policies for tools of the trade so any thing you use for work that is left inside your house will only be covered to 1000 $ and another one if they are locked in tool boxes on the back of your ute they are not covered at all as they are not deemed to be locked in your car :thumb: :thumb: on a brighter note the noise coming from my engine was the low oil alarm and no im not that dumb the magnet had come of the float and dropped to the bottom of oil ressie and set the alarm of... and the running ruff has been put down to crap in my carbie or injectors witch has now been serviced cleaned and a new filter added to fuel lines..will give a real good run over weekend and let all know how it goes cheers for advise and comiserations... and while speaking of low life thieves my mother inlaws house has also been broken into in redwood park and my mums shop at tee tree gully also broken into last night :censored: :censored: :censored: s they didnt get anything from the shop as all they target is the ciggie cabinet and i have built a bullet proof cabinet for them after the last time they got $15000 worth of smokes FN PRICKS AND AN ALLARM NOW HELPS TO lock your doors people ;)

Hey carps sorry to hear about you misfortunes,.. i know how it feels i was broken into a few months back while me and the missus where at work during the day. First thing i checked was the boat and rods, lucky they were all fine. ;D They mostly targetted jewellery and smaller eletrical goods. Good to hear you are getting your fishing gear replaced!!! :)Lee