Biggest snapper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd never caught a snapper until this weekend. Went out with my uncle and caught 3. My first ever snapper went a whopping 100cm - could not believe it. Going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face f

finally broke the 30lb and mtr mark this year at the stanvac barges (a while ago) we ended up with 6 fish over a mtr that day...

May not be my biggest red but it was certainly my biggest on light tackle, not bad for a Wednesday night after works effort.went 9450mm and a bit over 9.2kgCaught onRod: daiwa sol 2-4kg Reel: quantum

Posted Images

Guest addict

srick and i was talking about the size of your snapper last night and thought it may of been bigger than what the actual weight is.The last 3 snapper caught in the past fortnight all 30lbers all went 104cm funny enough and an x member smileys 30lber was 103.5.I caught an 8kg fish 2 weeks ago that was 97cm i guess it all varies but a nice snapper drawn 110cm is a beauty it would of weighed more if weighed fresh cheers adon

Maybe the scales were out a bit but all I cared was that it was definately over the 30lb mark.They were caught out in fast running water so maybe thats why they are leaner. I reckon I can recall being told of a fish caught off Tapleys that was 28lb and 120cm long.Some nice fish taken lately, well done fellas.Drawn

yeah i thought so drawn. its 15kilo i rekn. thats my next goal. glad you estimated under not over like less honest people try doin. oh yeah, ive been told if you keep a ten kilo plus snapper out of water after death they loose one kilo in the first 4 hours. and i have proven it at whyalla last year. same scales 5 hours later lost a kilo. i kept my latest biggie in a wet hession bag this time and only lost a littlebit. so for weight look after your catch. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have a lot of shots of my snapper Ive caught over the years, but heres a good 1 I got thru his backside on a SP {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifedit. didnt realise it woulld load as an attachment {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif can I change the wording on it {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif [file name=Uezt9AOm__arsehooked1.zip size=6304]http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/Uezt9AOm__arsehooked1.zip[/file]

Wow {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif some nice fish there boys {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifWill have to try to scan my old 35mm pics but biggest LB captures are 15kg both taken 12months to the day apart from the same YP location.Biggest boat capture is 13kg, but been the gaff man to one that weighed 17.1 cleaned the morning after its capture. {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif

some solid fish here.....my biggest from boat..13.2kg and 1015mm...very skinnygood to see some old pics of fish caught from land...at a very good guess black point.if only they were still there,and i recognise a few pics are from whyalla..... and even better to see an old alvey.....you cant beat em....

some solid fish here.....my biggest from boat..13.2kg and 1015mm...very skinnygood to see some old pics of fish caught from land...at a very good guess black point.if only they were still there,and i recognise a few pics are from whyalla..... and even better to see an old alvey.....you cant beat em....

A man after my own heart {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif....the old 650 Alvey, and Snyder Glas Surf Rod landed me many fish over the magical 20 pound from the stones around Whyalla.My biggest were 25,26,28 and 31 pound. Those were the days. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

A man after my own heart {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif....the old 650 Alvey, and Snyder Glas Surf Rod landed me many fish over the magical 20 pound from the stones around Whyalla.My biggest were 25,26,28 and 31 pound. Those were the days. :)
and im still getting them from the rocks...just not black point anymore......only got a 3kg last year from there......

Yeh so would I srick. Unfortuneatly the picture didnt come out. Was done in the pre-digital era. There were two fish caught that day an 8kg fish and the monster. That 8kg was the anglers first snapper and I can recall how he spent what seemed an eternity looking over it. Then he got the next one, the 17+. Side by side the smaller fish looked like a rugger {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifHope to have some of my old LB captures up soon, well at least b4 I head off. Just have to remember to take the album into work for scaning {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif

Here's the biggest one I've got since digital cameras came out. He went 29lb but my best is 32lb which was caught in the channel many years ago.Posted ImageThen check this next one out, he looks like he smashed into too many reefs, even makes the captor look half decent {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifPosted ImageCheers Darren

• 3 weeks later...