How many females are on the site compared to males

I'm Female.I have always liked fishing until we went into our own Tackle Shops now I work while the boys go fishing. (they think thats a fair deal)Our local angling club Copper Coast Angling Club has quite a few female members. There is also a Ladies Angling Club in South Australia. There are a lot of female fishers that come in our shops regularly and they are of all ages.Spotter - SharonCompleat Angler Wallaroo & Moonta

southie wrote:

hahaha nah im not that desperate lol just curiuous as 2 see how many females actually like fishing and the outdoors etc......

I thought I would leave this thread to see iof any other gals did post :( Well me I LOVE Fishing, always have since being a tacker , used to tag off my brothers Flannelette all the time for him to take me with him when he went Fishing, Fished off my local Jetty, crabbing off the Blue line, also when we fished as teens we could go to the Basin, in Onesteel, used to catch many a pan snapper there, was good, cant get anywhere near there now.. Used to go out in a Good mates Boat when I was in my late teens, always bagged out on whiting, decent feed of Blueys, snapper, and Squid..Absolutly LOVE the outdoors, camping and 4x4 driving, cant wait for the weather to warm up and get out on the beach in the Lux..VB is right about the tackle :blush: It aint jewellery I'm after, its tackle :) I dont mind the Odd Flowers now and then :laugh:;)

My fiancee loves fishing and camping out, she has gone with me to streaky bay the last 2 years, we camp out in our caravan. She comes from whyalla and often went fishing out in the boat with her dad.She always used handlines but i taught her how to use a rod this year. After nearly piercing my ear a few times she got quite good at it and caught plenty of gar and some salmon up to 3kg. Now if only i could get her to learn to clean and fillet.lol.

my fiancee doesnt like just about anything that i like and vica versa she loves shopping i hate it unless its 4wd camping or tackle stores and then she hates it, i love sport she cant think of anything worse, We both like going for a drive in the hills and good food and wine me being an ex chef and she being an ex duty manager of a hotel, the only fishing she likes is on a boat which i dont have! she loves eating fish and im not a massive fan(didnt eat fish till i became a chef). we both like camping but havnt been yet, but the worst thing is when we do go fishing on a holiday or sumthing she usually outfishes me even though all she does is cast, i bait up and tie the rigs and she pulls the fish in! :angry: But we couldnt be happier and i like fishing by myself or with a good mate or 2 while she hangs with my mates missus and then we are both happy.so obviously you dont have to like the same things you just have to love each other and realise that you enjoy different things but still enjoy being together! the trick is to plan trips that are in good fishing destinations but they also have good shops ;)