Biggest Mulloway ever caught?

In South Africa they catch the excact same fish as our Mulloway,but over there they call them Kob.I thought this may be interesting,this fish is believed to be the largest ever caught on rod and line,it went 10kilo bigger than the previous largest ever caught.The fish measured 197cm and weighed a staggering 82kilo,the fish was caught by a guy named john Crabb and was released unharmed.I"m sure you will agree a magnificent fish . B) double click the pic for full sizePosted Image

Guest davidm#2
osd wrote:

Huge fish cal, I wonder how they weighed it?

hey, its definatley a massive fish.apparently it was an estimate. that a mulloway or kob at that lenght in cm weighs so muchhttp://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/saltwater/weighcheers
weaver wrote:

HUGE!!but look at his set up, short handled overhead surfrod?? very interesting

The reels are on a low winch mount as thats the way distance casters have them set up.Instead of having the bottom hand on the butt and top on the reel,the bottom hand is on the reel and the top hand grips the rod up the blank,same as for using an Alvey.A huge amount of leverage is achieved and thats the way they do it.We dont do it here,but in WA they do and also South Africa and in Europe,tournament casters only seem to do it this way,but over there they fish like it.Cheers B)