Your winter location?

Guest shagging

Guest shagging

Hey everyone"! just thought i would start a thread on your favourate places to fish during winter(if you dont mind sharing?) land based or boat,fresh or salt water just a general conversation of your fishing retreat for the colder months! :)

I love freezing me B###s off in the Port River in the middle of winter on the hunt for mulloway.The scorching run ,the hook up, the bust offs,the ultimate capture keeps you returning regardless of the weather. A winters day with Sth/wst blowing in your face at Browns beach on a weekday with no one else on the beach so you can walk up and down casting lures at visible salmon schools.At home in front of a fire with a hot cup of coffee reading strike stories of recent captures.( when I haven't got a get out jail free card)

The beach next to the onka mouth for some stomping salmon, and Port Norlunga jetty for the salmon run as well.Its good living close as I dont have to drive far. Not interested in travelling to Waitpinga or Parsons, just have to pop into Porties until I hear the salmon have arrived.I think its going to be a good year this year and hope to catch a few on softies.cant wait.

urhookedfish wrote:

The beach next to the onka mouth for some stomping salmon, and Port Norlunga jetty for the salmon run as well.

Agree with URH. Nothing like a stormy beach with you against the fish and the elements. as long as there's somewhere dry and reasonably warm not too far away :) Browns or Salt Creek come to mind
Guest shagging
afishyfish wrote:

urhookedfish wrote:

The beach next to the onka mouth for some stomping salmon, and Port Norlunga jetty for the salmon run as well.

Agree with URH. Nothing like a stormy beach with you against the fish and the elements. as long as there's somewhere dry and reasonably warm not too far away :) Browns or Salt Creek come to mind
im a bit shy of the rain! aff i love going down to st's! but if it starts raining i will have a fish behind the shops so if it starts pelting i can get to my car quickly lol :):laugh:
Guest shagging
urhookedfish wrote:

The beach next to the onka mouth for some stomping salmon, and Port Norlunga jetty for the salmon run as well.Its good living close as I dont have to drive far. Not interested in travelling to Waitpinga or Parsons, just have to pop into Porties until I hear the salmon have arrived.I think its going to be a good year this year and hope to catch a few on softies.cant wait.

Have not fished thier much mate might have to join ya! lol

Upper reaches @ the Onk solo... Late @ night... inclement weather... dressed up like an Eskimo... Bottle of red wine and a couple bruskies to wash the wine down...nothing but myself to solve all the problems in the world and birds, wildlife and the occassional fish. Love it!!!!!Funny thing is ... I HATE WINTER!!!!!!Blighty

i dont have a regular winter spot, as i dont fish much then nowdays.i remember Squiding at yorkes when i was younger in winter all night ,Pt Victoria jetty was my favorite.went to porties once last year 4 the salmon, was the day the tornado hit the footy oval! :side: the salmon were there too ;);) my 12 y/o son loved it caught more than me too ! :laugh:

Mullies mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmLove fishin the creeks for these suckers once the weather cools down.Already done a couple of successful trips.I will also be back to chasing snapper again I reckon seeing that Im back in the upper gulf region. Im that keen I went out and got myself a new reel for chasing them last week so look out you reds.I got one of the new Pflueger Arbor 40's if it works as good as it looks and feels I reckon another one might be joining the stable before the years out.cheerssnapps

benny wrote:

WINTER SALMON FEVER HAS HIT ME!!!! they were on the chew at pt noarlunga today scored a few 40+ cm fish in a quick half hour fish, the ports going nuts for trouties!

Plenty of trouters in the port, bagged out the other day and released just as many.