weaver, if ever your up this way, you too are more than welcome to come for a fish....the rock is free for you...fishyfish and samantic summed it up pretty well.im on a couple of corvette forums, both in ausralia, and by far the most friendliest is the one which like this, veers off track sometimes... hell thats what makes it interesting.the other forum is based in nsw, and my oh my dont sydney people love themselves to pieces and chastise anyone who veers off topic.i just cant be bothered with that, and havnt visited it for around 5 mths now, but the other forum ima daily contributer. a few mths ago, i tried to get a daily blog happeneing on here, like the other forum im on has...its locked daily, and deleted after 7 days, anyone can start it, just by opening a new post with the date on it, but it never took off on here. talk about anything, from a good morning to how long the grass is growing... indeed, the owner of the forum, has set up a grasscam, and its had 28,000 hits on it..and all it does is provide a live feed of the friggen grass growing...and he was interviewed by a few radio stations and was made into a documentary... are we that bored? hell i clicked on the grass cam, just to see how its coming along.http://users.tpg.com.au/smackc4/grasscam.htmlTIGHT LINES EVERYONE....

Heres my spill guys, i was a moderator on this glorious site and had to read through eveyones crap.After a while i had , had enough of it and asked to be a normal member again.Why, because of all the crap that gets posted that is non relevant.Have a thought for the mods that have to read through all the pages on this site.Trust me they are sick of it too but have the decency not to interfere so you guys do not feel singled out and so they also don't get blamed for over moderating etc etc, Think of the guys that look after the site as they deserve our respect for their hard work they put in here.Also have a thought for the other site members that contribute too.I understand it is your outlet fellas, its mine too.We all like to have fun, we all like to share our stories, we all like to share pics and help out budding anglers.I guess all i'm trying to say is think before you hit that submit button.

There are blokes on here: that want to poach, they suck up and then hit and run. There are blokes on here:that want to sell theirs and their mates stuff. They bag anything that doesnt fit their agenda. They push their product for coin.There are blokes on here: who want to feel like heroes, often it makes them feel like a big man by putting others down. To them its like kids in the schoolyard all about having the last word and ganging up on members they dislike. There are top blokes on here to, blokes who are genuine fishos who want to learn and share with other genuine fishos. Unfortunately its a bit like poker, play a few hands with someone on here before showing them your cards. Find out who you are playing with.A bluffer, a seller, a big man wanna be or a great bloke. Its worth it theres a few ripper blokes amongst the membership, most info is usually swapped privately.99% of the trophy catches arent posted. Just word of mouth by those that know who they are playing with. Im with you Weaver. Those that talk a lot usually say nothing.

i have seen him at ardrossan heaps of times.he dont get them all the time.just like i dont.i caught over 60 snapps in 2 trips in two weeks .then next 2 trips got 2.but i dont kill everyone i catch .there is nothing wrong with catch and release .dubs was on one of those trips we took home i think 4 fish each released at least 8.limit your catch dont catch your limit.and just have fun with ya mates.tight lines....graydog.

I've met this guy at Kellies shop and i asked him about the numbers of fish,he gets the double bag by fishing before and after midnight.Personally i wouldn't know what to do with that amount of fish and would have to give most away,well they ain"t the best eating IMO anyway.He wants pics like that to promote his "product" so i guess you can't blame him for that.He also has some pics of massive Trout slaughters(like a dozen or more 6-8lb browns)so being close to 60years old i suppose he is "old school"and probably doesn't even consider C&R that might be the reason some of the fisheries are in a state of decline in the first place, cheers brenton

i can also gaurentee not everyone hears about all the trips i do...for instance, who knows ive just got back from a fish, and had a fish last night?prob 2 or 3 people...did i catch anything and how big were they?? who knows....but for the record, this forum hasnt heard about every fish trip ive done... if its a good trip with some nice catches, then maybe it will be posted along with fish... is it bragging? TOO RIGHT IT IS....if it wasnt bragging there would be no reports from anybody.and i can safely say the last 2 trips havnt produced any fish...yeah i talk a lot... and as suggested, maybe i say nothing...does that make me a pita?do you think i care what anybody thinks of me? not a chance...if i want to have a fish, ive got plenty of people to call on for company.but as ive mentioned before.... I WILL HAVE A FISH WITH ANYBODY....if someone wants to experience my type of fishing, then they are more than welcome to come out and have a fish.if they catch a fish FROM these rocks, they have my respect...its not as easy as some may think.ANYBODY that can land a fish from these rocks, deserves a post bragging about it.if anybody interested, bring around 20 rigs, and approx 30-40 sinkers....and IF you hook up, dont be thinking that it will be on the rocks in a couple of minutes... it dont work like that... its not a boat where you wind it in, net it and high 5 everyone in sight. todays short 2 hr trip, saw no bites, but 3 rigs of 2 hooks, and 3 sinkers were left snagged way out in the brine.but thats fishing... im out there trying....

Barnett wrote:

i have seen him at ardrossan heaps of times.he dont get them all the time.just like i dont.i caught over 60 snapps in 2 trips in two weeks .then next 2 trips got 2.but i dont kill everyone i catch .there is nothing wrong with catch and release .dubs was on one of those trips we took home i think 4 fish each released at least 8.limit your catch dont catch your limit.and just have fun with ya mates.tight lines....graydog.

Dead right gray dog

Some of you blokes crack me up, you get an idea in your head and well .................The cost of two GFC trips, $500.00One snapper trip out wide in your own boat may cost $50.00 fuel $25.00 bait, $25.00 burley.......... Some will cost way more others might do it on the cheap ...Is it worth $500.00 for someone to teach you their way of bagging out often enough within a few kms from shore from a small tinny ?I think it is :) Your already a snapper king onya, dont go. You struggle to catch legal fish and need some assistance. $500.00 is not a huge outlay. Personally I dont have $500.00 laying around spare money to go. If I did I would attend. Knowledge is good. The more the better.

Highfly wrote:

Some of you blokes crack me up, you get an idea in your head and well .................The cost of two GFC trips, $500.00One snapper trip out wide in your own boat may cost $50.00 fuel $25.00 bait, $25.00 burley.......... Some will cost way more others might do it on the cheap ...Is it worth $500.00 for someone to teach you their way of bagging out often enough within a few kms from shore from a small tinny ?I think it is :) Your already a snapper king onya, dont go. You struggle to catch legal fish and need some assistance. $500.00 is not a huge outlay. Personally I dont have $500.00 laying around spare money to go. If I did I would attend. Knowledge is good. The more the better.

as brenton said.. im not being critical, hell the guy has overheads to pay for...and im not saying he is over priced either...and he may well put you onto some fish....good luck to him.i too dont have a spare 500 laying around....if i did i could get 3 charters on a charter boat here...with guys who can put me onto some cracker fish...

I'm not one to form an opinion too quickly about things, ESPECIALLY on an anonymous forum where people have the ability to "shoot their mouths off" without any personal ramifications - not that I am suggesting anyone has done that on this topic at all!I've got a star picket firmly wedged between the cheeks of my backside from being a bit of a fence sitter: there are some great words coming out on both sides of this discussion. If some bloke can take you fishing and get you some good fish and you learn a few things... fan-bloody-tastic. If you don't have $500 or don't want to spend $500 then that's great too... you'll learn things your own way and in your own time - which is kinda hlaf the fun anyway if you can ward of the impending frustration.I really like this forum. I have got some great info from here and shared others good feelings on seeing some magical catches.Keep it coming. And if anyone goes and lays out the ten pineapples to go fishing with this chap then good luck and I hope you catch something.Cheers all. Tight lines.

afishyfish wrote:

thefunkychicken wrote:

if anyone goes and lays out the ten pineapples to go fishing with this chap then good luck and I hope you catch something..

lay out ten pineapples :huh: Thats a bit weird :lol:
Pineapple = $50 note; as they are both yellow in colour and hurt when removed from your tailpipe by a vengeful woman.Ten $50 notes = $500 = fishing "lesson".
Saltiga5 wrote:

Anyone seen this?http://www.snapperfishing.com.au/

Good to see that an enterprising person can provide a service to people that want to expand their knowledge on fishing, just same as tackle shops provide a service to us, they all have to earn their keep. Moggy B)