how to find Sea Weed Worms???

My work mate an i are heading out when the weather decides to fine up to try and target a few Sand Whiting, We've been told that if we can get our hands on some Seaweed worms its the ultimate Bait. Has any one had some experience on finding any and would like to share? i know you must do some digging around some Mangroves...... Maybe. any help would be fantastic and for a return i can let you know how we go ;) cheers all

yep-move the sea weed and there they are :)Seriously though hunt around the dead weed heaps on shore. I move the weed and dig about 1/2 spade depth to dig em out. Only take what u think you'll need as these fellas dont keep well and ive seen whole areas stripped clean and they dont rebuild populations at all well

jagger wrote:

AFF I was just thinking that...Seaford area has a heap from the last blow would the worms be attracted to any seaweed or just established beds ??

Thats a good point. maybe they let nature break the weed down for a while , making it better food/ shelter or whatever it is they find attractive, so an established area may be better :unsure: .Personally Im enjoying having a metal roof over my head and having a T Bone for Tea ;):laugh:

Used these a lot as a kid at Elliston. Was good to dig a few up and then catch some kgw in front of the shacks. Tommies go em for sure, and I reckon a few fish would have go at worms threaded on ur hook. Spog has pointed u in the right direction. I would look at areas with established weed beds and get digging!!!