The perfect storm

:dry: There's a big storm a brewin. I was hoping for a bit of rain and Storm to help out my planned Mulloway sess(shhhhh) early hours Saturday morning.But, looking at the RADAR, this is looking like a big bloody boofer of a storm. Could it be possible for 100mls rain in a single December storm????!?Anyway, DO NOT launch ya boats lol even in the port :ohmy: Batten down the hatches guys and girls, this weathermans predicting a big fat wet summer storm. Take care on the roads and bring on the mulloway Saturday morning.Tight lines all!

"SOUTH Australians have been warned to batten down for 36 hours of severe weather with heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms.The State Emergency Service (SES) said a flood watch had been declared in some areas with the weather bureau forecasting rainfall of up to 100mm over the eastern districts including the Mt Lofty and southern Flinders ranges, the Riverland, the Murrayland and the upper and lower south east.SES deputy chief officer Matt Maywald said residents should monitor weather forecasts and the local media for updated information."Should severe weather hit these regions it is important that residents take the necessary precautions," he said."Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall, flash flooding and damaging winds with gusts in excess of 90km/h in various areas over the next 36 hours."Mr Maywald said towns on high alert included Ceduna, Renmark, Clare, Murray Bridge and Naracoorte as well as the Adelaide metropolitan area.Forecasts of heavy rain were also a concern for SA grain farmers as they continued to bring in the 2010 crop.Heavy falls could wipe off tens of millions of dollars from the value of this year's harvest.At 10am the Bureau also issued a warning damaging winds and flash flooding for people in the Lower Eyre Peninsula, Eastern Eyre Peninsula and parts of the West Coast.Locations which may be affected include Wudinna, Elliston, Cleve, Tumby Bay and Kimba."

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCASTSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - ADELAIDE REGIONfor DESTRUCTIVE WIND, LARGE HAILSTONES and FLASH FLOODINGFor people in the Adelaide Hills, Onkaparinga, Western Mid Murray and parts of the Metropolitan, Playford, Barossa, Mount Barker, Yankalilla, Victor Harbor and Western Alexandrina council areas.Issued at 1:23 pm Tuesday, 7 December 2010.The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 1:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Elizabeth, Salisbury and the middle of the Gulf. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Mount Pleasant, Birdwood and Woodside by 1:50 pm and Noarlunga, Hallett Cove and McLaren Vale by 2:20 pm.Destructive winds with gusts in excess of 120 km/h, large hailstones, very heavy rainfall and flash flooding are possible.The State Emergency Service advises that people should:* Secure or put away loose items around your property.* Move cars under cover or away from trees.* Keep clear of fallen power lines.* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.

Well at least all the windows I cleaned this week have had a good rinsing off :P;)

my back yard.I now have waterfront property!

Same in my backyard too CK, but try asking the council to stop the water coming from the property they claim to NOT own when I know they DO :angry: I certainly feel for the guys on the land trying to get their best crops in years harvested before they get ruined :ohmy:
Well at least all the windows I cleaned this week have had a good rinsing off :P;)
my back yard.I now have waterfront property!
Same in my backyard too CK' date=' but try asking the council to stop the water coming from the property they claim to NOT own when I know they DO :angry: I certainly feel for the guys on the land trying to get their best crops in years harvested before they get ruined :ohmy:[/quote']Yes .....well said ! The poor buggers cant win can they !Tim.....

Was at wallaroo jetty yesterday and at about 1pm wasn't raining or windy or nothin. But you could see the storm and lightning coming in from over the sea. Amazing site but we had to leave cause you could it was gonna hit the jetty in like half an hour. Was litterely out driving the storm until we hit second storm which flooded the road upto the car doors :ohmy: . (BTW caught half a dozon crabs a squid and had a run from a pretty big snapper :P )

I was brave enough or stupid enough to go out in the boat yesterday.The day started out great I got 5 snook some tommies and then felt the barometer drop so headed back towards stkilda.I thought I have a quick look up swan alley when the storm hit.We sat there for 20 minutes and got soaked but when the lightning started to flash around us we thought we had better leave.We got back Angas Inlet boat club where the second front hit.I couldnt believe the amount of water in the boat once I pulled the bungs out.But I still rather be out on the water in the bad weather than at work.

snook st kilda 002.jpg