Burlying the Blocks, any ideas

Hi fellas.Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for burleying this area. I usually fish shallower areas so just use the muncher on the back of the boat to float baits down.Given the depth out at the stanvac blocks I'm wondering if I should use an onion bag on my nachor chain, cube from the surface, or just use the muncher :unsure: Mind you the munchers on B2s side and its hard to keep a constant stream up, coz he's a bit slack on the munching :S Cheers :)

Although I imagine it would be effective, I never use an anchor rope or chain for anything but anchoring. I don't like the idea of a shark coming along and having a go at it. This is just me, people have success doing it, but not this little black duck :)Better to have a dedicated burley cage with some weight to it that you can drop off the back. Cheers

I think you will have more success cubing a block or few bags of pillies and throwing out cubes. This is the way the Victorian Pro boats do it in Port Phillip Bay and Westernport when fishing in less than 20m of water.I like to have not only a burley pot but to also cube as well.so that way your getting a continuous stream of fine particals and a continuous stream of bite size nuggetts.I like to think that I am opening a fish Deli. What fish is not going to come when there is a free snack. Big reds are hardly going to fill up on a few cubes so this is just to get them to start the feeding process. This then also gets any schools that do show up from the particals competing for food, which I think is an important part of hooking the big fish.Brett

Make a self actuating berly despenser, all you need is some pvc pipe an end cap, a screw cap, a couple of lead weights, some rope and a foam float a couple of stainless clips and a stainless ring bolted through the float and a small one for the lead .Drill heaps of holes in the pipe, glue a weight into the end cap and fit to the pipe, then drill a hole in the screw cap and thread through rope and attach it to a large lead using ring bolt through lead (circle shape)(melt led in tin a similar width to the pipe)inside so that the lead moves up and down inside the pipe, then just make links in the rope for the depths you'll be fishing and clip the float on.fill with burley and throw overboard and the float movement in the swell lifts and drops the lead crushing up and dispensing the burly slowly and consistently.Will try post a pick of mine later;)

cheers guys, I made it to drop in a spot to bring the snapper in and cast plastics around it without it being attached in any way to the kayak, then if the grey suits turned up I could just leave it there and return at a later date to retrieve it.Not sure if theres anything like it on the market? Will take some pics later and post them if your interested Afishyfish;)

When does the patent come out on it :P
:laugh: mabey I should have thought about that before putting it on the net:unsure: :laugh: I would love to make some for you guys but living down here in Mt gambier makes it a bit hard distribution wise, considering their bulk and weight they would cost a bit to freight, probably cost the same in freight as they are to make?Like Mick said, bit of time spent in the shed and you'll have your own custom made one:cheer:Thinking about putting a patent on my jetty fishing stool with rod holders that can be ancored to the sleepersso you can lure fish away from your bait rod or fall asleep without fear of your rods getting pulled in.cheers for the comments guys:)

You better get a patent on that thing before I DO !! :woohoo:

Too late ;):P
you shifty Bastards:laugh: :laugh: Surely there would be something similar on the market wouldn't there?The dog won't quite fit in, :laugh: he did manage to get his mug in 4 of the 5 pics I took though, very keen to play with his 20 chrissy tennis balls:) cheers