Nice looking specimen kat B) Def very much in spawning mode I'd say looking at its girth.Cant read the actual length though :unsure:

See i thought it was to but my mate insisted it was just fat cos of its size. Now i feel super bag for not returning :(its around 39 40cm not sure exactly

I tried searching but i couldn't find a basic bream thread.I caught this in wallaroo Marina about 3 months back (going through some old pics haha) Its the only thing i had with me to measure.MicksaltCreekSambo.jpg.... Because I'm a bad sport :( and for the record her fish went 36cm and 2kg lighter than yours :laugh:

would have too be the fattest bream i've ever seen!! reckon that fish would have left a trench in the sand from the lounge you dragged its fat ass from right up to your feet when you reeled it in !!:laugh:;) since thats your first 40cm bream we will forgive you this time for knocking it on the head :laugh: :laugh: better to keep the 28cm - 30cm fish for a feed and release the bigger ones as their the breeders and like shauno mentions, around 25-30 years old :( well done on catching your PB bream kat :) :) cheers snake

Sinc ei dont east seafood I return almost everything unless someone back home has put in a request :)Obviously there is no maximum size on bream however i am interested to know what everyone's personal "rules are"Im a self taught amature fisho so unfortunately i haven't had anyone to guide me until now :DGuide away me pretties :D

I don't really eat much fish either, nothing wrong with keeping a few bream though, i'd have probably kept that beauty too, even if it did get given to appreciative family. No different from keeping snapper, flatties, kingfish, whiting, gar, tommies, squid or shitties.there is millions of bream out there so no harm in keeping 'em if u choose!

at the end of the day it is a legal size fish and if it is kept for a feed who cares' date=' no laws broken, this s@*ts me to tears :angry: , there is always someone that has to have a small dig! Why cant you just congratulate the girl on her catch and leave it at that!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote']Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone has! Kat herself asked what our own "personal rules" are though!In answer to that, for me Bream are strictly C&R, because of their growth rates and the many cesspools they choose to live in. I choose to torture them rather than kill them! :P Everyone else is allowed 10 per day over 28cms though, so make your own personal rule! They are quite tasty, I think Wallaroo marina is quite clean, but I'd be thinking twice about a Port River resident....yeuch!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone has! Kat herself asked what our own "personal rules" are though!

That was AFTER a member told her it should have been put back to breed;) :blink: Nice catch Kat, nothing wrong with keeping fish for food especially a species as prolific as a sea bream.C&R fisherman tend to get a bit high and mighty at times and tend to preach their ideals, so just ignore that rubbish.cheers

Nice fish there Kat, got me to thinking about the big ones I've scored out of there and itching to have a crack, finally got my chance today and bingo 44cm 1.5kg beauty :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I didn't accuratly measure my previous biggies but it doesn't matter I'm calling this for my PB, it was comfortably the second biggest bream I've ever seen caught (biggest 50cm 5lb from the same bit of water :blink: )Also got a 35-36 cm model which seemed so small after the big boy :P Will try and bung up a pic tomorrow.

Nice fish there Kat' date=' got me to thinking about the big ones I've scored out of there and itching to have a crack, finally got my chance today and bingo 44cm 1.5kg beauty :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I didn't accuratly measure my previous biggies but it doesn't matter I'm calling this for my PB, it was comfortably the second biggest bream I've ever seen caught (biggest 50cm 5lb from the same bit of water :blink: )Also got a 35-36 cm model which seemed so small after the big boy :P Will try and bung up a pic tomorrow.[/quote']Here ya go.... Cracker fish.... Here's your picPosted Image

Thanks, he went real good, repeatedly taking good runs and charging all over the place for about 5 minutes, thought it was a schoolie and when I first saw it called him for one. fortunatly I was mistaken :lol: Caught on my trusty Profiler & Tierra 1500 (courtesy of FushLups) combo 3kg line and lightly weighted 3rd time lucky (twice re-frozen) cockle. ;)

Thanks' date=' he went real good, repeatedly taking good runs and charging all over the place for about 5 minutes, thought it was a schoolie and when I first saw it called him for one. fortunatly I was mistaken :lol: Caught on my trusty Profiler & Tierra 1500 (courtesy of FushLups) combo 3kg line and lightly weighted 3rd time lucky (twice re-frozen) cockle. ;)[/quote']I reckon I bought that cockle a mnth ago, so that must be my fish ;)