Unidentified fish

On 2nd thought i reckon you should get onto Pirsa immediately because if there is a population of these fish existing in the area then they will need to know,they are a topline predator and populations of them will wipe out all other species.Red Alert i'd say unless of course i'm wrong. cheers brenton

Looking at the fins it can be either a Herring or Minnow SpeciesCaught in Freshwater narrows it down to an Australian SmeltNative TroutMountain Trout MinnowDefinitely has the markings of a Native Trout or MinnowBut the white spots are confusingI would definitely get in contact with the Museum or PIRSA

you bastard :P ,all day i've been racking my brain wondering how it could even get in the country.I googled Pike and there is a Pike river off the murray so i was wondering if there was once a native pike in the system.Only last week on Extreme Fishing Robson Green was catching them in a lake in Canada and the local guide was saying how they had eaten every other species of fish in the lake etc etc etc....good one ya bastard :evil: cheers brenton

Brenton....let's get a few things straight here mate...1. I wasn't poaching, how could i have been. I still have the receipts to show that my bicycle was actually in for repair at the time (it had thrown a rear mudguard).2. I don't own a Whippet.. i did however try (being a typical englishman as a previous post suggested) to introduce a whippet to the murray system unsuccessfully as it drowned. If i had been more successful, we may today, have been contemplating the Murray Darling Basin whippet infestation as opposed to the carp .....;-)

Brenton....you may be on to something here with the cricket theme.the whippet died as a result of one of the revered sacred willows falling from the river bank. Not sure if it was 'one too many' cricket bats being cut from the west side of the tree or a jet skiier washing carp up to gnaw on the roots ;-)

Guest Brent61
you bastard :P ' date='all day i've been racking my brain wondering how it could even get in the country.I googled Pike and there is a Pike river off the murray so i was wondering if there was once a native pike in the system.Only last week on Extreme Fishing Robson Green was catching them in a lake in Canada and the local guide was saying how they had eaten every other species of fish in the lake etc etc etc....good one ya bastard :evil: cheers brenton[/quote']glad i know NOTHING about freshwater species apart from mud mulletwouldve had mebrentbut i did get a message about pike at murray bridge, i'm sure this person will deny it :P