Ditto, I saw a sizable one caught there a few years ago,same scenario probably,heaps of people fishing during a gale ,freezing and catching stuff all,when some guy further down hooked up and pulled in what looked to be a lonely,lost and unlucky ellie onto the planks.cheers B)

So cool, I want to catch one of these babies so bad. I love the ugly stuff :)If bled and finned early, I believe they make a great feed, fillet them and freeze them for a week or two before cooking helps lessen the 'amonia' taste in the flesh of the bigger ones.Wonder what gear he caught it on and what he was actually targeting....

a Lelefant :huh::lol::lol::lol: From memory some were taken down at salt creek last year too, so maybe they are more widespread than we think ?I suspect like many fish that aren't frequently caught, it's probably just a case of specifically targetting them to find out that they may be more prolific than you might think :huh:

A mate bagged a beauty at Salt Creek a couple years ago. There is a small cult of dyhard fishos who target them specifically in winter- 4 kilo line, a light running sinker and a frogmouth pilchard are the recipie.They get them off metro jetty ends, with Semaphore being a standout. Not all that common, but they do seem to turn up spasmodically

I know they're in coffin bay.Went floundering one night near farm beach (no flounder but speared bag limit of whiting). Saw three elephant sharks. Speared one to try it and to be honest didn't think much of it.