Daiwa exceller 3000 VS Shimano stradic ?

Cant comment on the exceler.. but my plans are to buy a daiwa seajigger, catalina 9 - 10 ft rod want it to be resonably stiff so cast upto 60g metals easy. Will be matching it with my stradic ci4 4000. Should be able to cast it all day without killing your arms, last season i was using a 11 ft rod N a penn slammer and your arms would feel as if they were gnna drop off. I had a cast with a simular combo as ive said but a 5000 fj stardic, casted a mile.15 - 20lb braid is heaps manHopfuly get out their a few trips with ya this season mate :) Pauly

stradic hands down.I have the Stradic 2500 & 5000 and CY2500 & 4000. The CY is basically the same as the exceller. The stradics have never had anything go wrong, the Diawa have been back tot eh shop for lumpy bearings. I wont be buying a Diawa reel for years, until they prove they have up graded thier bearings.

+1 for Stradic FJ. Have been using the 2500 size for two seasons now and it can take a beating on the boat! Super smooth since day one and the xship is a very noticeable improvement.After owning Sols and Caldias over the years, the newest Stradic is awesome reel for the money. Planning to buy more soon.Have fun!

I use a 1000-2500 aernos with 5lb braid, and that is amazing! If you want fun and games as I do, go a 2-4, 3-6kg rod around 7.6 and you will love life. I would go for the new, blue Wilson rod, or catana for a cheap option. I've caught up to 4.6kg salmon in the surf on a rod seven foot, 3-6kg and cast heaps far with 20gram lures. Catch more, and bigger ones than the guys with 60gramers.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this wonders away from your original question..But another choice..Might pay to consider a spinfisher V in that 3000 size as they have water resistant seals fitted.Most surf casters end up dunking there reels when least expected and the V’s will have less issues to worry about going under.