Where can i get snapper from adeliade without a boat?

Hi,Is there anywhere i can go from Adelaide onshore to get a snapper? i don't mind what size or anything. I have heard that outer harbour might have some snapper, is this right? I have my eye on a small box of snapper gear in K-mart, is it worth getting this or does anybody have any better tips? cheers :f

"box of snapper gear" would consist of assortment fo swivels and hooks and sinkers.. depending on your rod/rigs change a bit in size. you can buy some basics such as 4/0, 6/0 hooks, large swivels and some 3-4oz sinkers depending on your casting weight of line/rod.and yes outter harbour has snapper off the rocks.. as does a few of the jettys in the right conditions..

What smokey means to say is, unweighted when the tide is slack, you can't fish unweighted when the current is ripping.So at high or low , unweighted, in between use the weight you need to hold the bait out there.If you use circles you need to keep the reel in gear so make sure it's wedged safely in a Rock or you might lose it.

i know pannies can be caught there however people on this forum have caught some monsters off there. I haven't caught anything legal myself Although one of my mates has caught pannies from those rocks.One thing you need to consider is safety. If you haven't done the trek before you need to be very careful as one slip can break bones and it isn't a stroll in the park. So i would suggest you let someone know you are going and what time you intend to be back in case something does happen they know where you are.